Ghost Hunting…

This will be a slightly different post – it’s not about beauty or makeup, but about what I’ve been up to and the work that I’ve recently been creating! 

Those of you who follow my Twitter will know that for my Final Major Project (in my BA Photography Degree at LCC), I’ve been ghost hunting!  I’ve always been fascinated with the supernatural and ghosts, haunted houses, séances etc and so to spend a whole year ghost hunting for a project has been very exciting for me. 

For the first part of my ghost hunting adventure I travelled to England’s ‘Most Haunted Village’, Pluckley in Kent, and I visited the sites of where the village’s 12 ghosts have been seen.  I photographed the ‘haunted landscapes’ on a digital, film and disposable camera, hoping for some proof of the afterlife or some spectral beings to appear in my images!  I’ll show you a few photographs that I took there -

1 2675

In the photograph below I definitely think I have photographed some sort of paranormal activity.  Can any of you see the ghost(s)???

34

Many people can see the faint outline of a man with his back to the camera, behind the bridge (supposedly haunted by the watercress lady).  I can also see another outline next to him, maybe his partner?  WHO ELSE CAN SEE HIM?

I also got another picture of a scary face at the same bridge -

watercress woman

crop1

And an aura that I captured on my digital camera in a haunted pub, The Dering Arms -

IMG_0368

(Please note that NONE of the photographs above have been edited in any way, shape or form other than the red circles/arrows pointing to the ghosts, and the accidental over contrast of the first image– I have not faked any of them!)

Recently, for the same project I’ve been experimenting with performing to the camera (I love doing self portraits as I don’t need to rely on anyone but myself and I can get exactly what I want out of each picture).  I’ve been trying to play around with paranormal activities, such as levitating, which you can see a preview of below -

LEVITATION1

There we have it – a sneak peak of some of the work I’ve been busy creating!  The project is not finished just yet and I only have a month and two weeks left to shoot everything, so I hope you can forgive me for not posting as much latelyI will definitely be posting more often after my degree finishes in June!

A lot of you are probably now thinking – OHMGZ SHE CRAZAAY.  I’m not, well, okay, I am probably just a little mental, trying to prove the existence of ghosts.  I do believe in the paranormal, although I can’t say that I’ve yet seen an actual ghost yet, so I’m becoming less scared of the unknown, which is good.  But hopefully in the next few weeks of shooting I’ll capture something scary on camera!  Please wish me luck finding some ghouls!!!

Have you ever seen a ghost or experienced something paranormal?  Can you see the ghosts in my images?  Got any scary stories?

XXX

0 comments:

Post a Comment