The Body Shop Makeup Brushes

I’ve never really ever mentioned the makeup brushes I use so this post is well due.  I have been using TBS brushes for the past five years and they are staple pieces I use daily to apply my makeup.

IMG_7183 

Face and Body brush – The softest big brush I’ve ever come across.  Isn’t scratchy at all so it doesn’t hurt after applying powder which has happened with a few other brushes I’ve tested (Bare Minerals powder brush for example I found quite irritating!).  This brush holds my powder and lets it apply easily all over the face.  Nice fat long handle which is good for application but makes it hard to carry around if you’re travelling.  I’ve photographed it with the blusher brush below so you can see the size comparison.

1 

Blusher brush – Love it, perfect size to apply blusher or to contour your cheeks.  Saying this, I am tempted to try a smaller dome/cone shaped blusher brush, just because I think I might find the shape easier to work with.  I have about three of these blusher brushes and I do use it everyday.

Foundation brush – I don’t use a foundation brush anymore, but when I do fancy using one I’ll use this or GOSH’s foundation brush.  This one is quite thin, depth wise, but applies foundation nicely, albeit a tiny bit streaky if you don’t blend it in properly.  I just find nowadays that using my fingers to apply foundation is a whole lot easier.

2

Smudger brush – My least favourite brush, I never ever use this.  I find it really unnecessary, just a bigger version of those cheap brushes you get in eyeshadow palettes.  I’d rather just use a normal eyeshadow brush, however I know a lot of girls who do use and love this brush, I just personally can’t see it!

3

Eyeshadow Blender brush – I have two favourite eyeshadow brushes and this is the first.  I adore it, its fluffy and just the perfect shape and density for blending out smokey eyes.  I use this daily to either apply a darker colour to the outer corners of my eyes, or just to blend it in general.  I also have another one of these brushes which I sometimes use to apply concealer – it works just as well as you can blend the foundation in directly to problem areas.  I’ve had this brush for about four years now and its still in great condition.

4

Eyeshadow brush – Nice, simple eyeshadow brush.  Nothing flashy, does the trick of applying shadow well.

5

Nature’s Minerals Eyeshadow brush – This is my other favourite eyeshadow brush.  Its like the normal one above, but because it’s intended to be used with mineral eye shadows, the hairs are denser and thicker, so they pick up more colour/pigment.  I use this daily and I love it.  You can tell them apart as this handle is sparkly and comes with a little pouch.

6

Slanted brush – I use this to apply eye shadow on top of my eyeliner to help keep it in place all day long and I’ve just started using this more when I do makeovers at work and I actually have grown to like it.  I’ve never used it with a gel liner but can’t see it being that fantastic for that, but its good for apply lines with powder eyeshadow.

7

Lipstick & Concealer brush – Standard lipstick and concealer brush!!

9

Line Softener – I think this is one of TBS’ unique applicators, just a spongey dome perfect for smudging eyeliner (like those you find on the end of some kohl pencils).  Perfect for that grunge, rock look.  I haven’t been using this as much lately as I’ve just purchased the No7 Smokey Eyeliner brush (which you can see here).  Basically does the same thing though!

8

Brow & Lash Comb – My brows are so unruly, so when I remember I use this to comb them through.

10

What I think – I really like all of TBS’s brushes; I think they are affordable (they range from about £7-£16) and will last you forever if you keep them in good condition (just wash them when you remember, I’m terrible at remembering but so far they are all still pretty perfect).  I love the fact that they are man-made hairs and not animals hairs, and yet they are soooo ridiculously soft, especially F&B and blusher brush.  Thumbs up from me!!

Do you have any of these?  Where do you buy your brushes? XX

0 comments:

Post a Comment