Stila Kajal Eye Liner REVIEW


Black eye liner is probably my all time favorite cosmetic. I'm always on the lookout for a great one that is long wearing, easy to apply, waterline-safe, and of course, VERY black. I think I found it. The Stila Eye Kajal in Onyx is all of those things...and more. This is the only pencil I've ever used that applies so wonderfully to the waterline. In one light stroke, you get the most intense opaque black line that will stick around throughout the day (and night) without doing the dreaded "goop" within an hour of wear. At the longest, I wore this product for 8 hours and actually had to work to remove it from that area. I was very impressed by just how long-lasting it is. It's also very non-irritating. While wearing this product, my eyes never felt uncomfortable.
As you can see in the swatches, this liner is extremely pigmented and very black.

While this is by far my favorite pencil eye liner I've ever tried, there are a few drawbacks to consider. The product itself is extremely soft. This makes it a dream to apply, however, you really have to be careful when sharpening. The first time I sharpened it, the point broke off. However, I've sharpened it 4 times since then and have had no breakage. As long as your sharpener is sharp and you're careful, you should be fine. Since it is so soft, it requires frequent sharpening, which means you'll have to re-purchase often. Which brings me to the next drawback, the price. At $18, it's a little steep for something that wears down so quickly. However, I'll continue to use it because nothing I've ever used compares. Also, because of the softness, you can easily apply too much, causing it to build up which makes it impossible to "set". Then, it will end up smudging. With this stuff, a little goes a long way, so you really have to use a light hand. It's unlike any pencil liner I've ever used, so you really have to get used to the application.

These eye liners are available in a wide range of colors and can be found at Sephora, Ulta and wherever Stila cosmetics are sold.


Top to Bottom: Stila Eye Kajal in Onyx, Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Liner in Zero, MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved


I actually applied the bottom two with more pressure than the Stila to get them to show up as dark as they did.

0 comments:

Post a Comment