An Easy Fall Look with a Faux Leather Vest

So I've been talking an awful lot about vests in my most recent videos...

I totally believe they are an item worth splurging on, as you can transition them from season to season and they totally make an outfit. They're also pretty timeless. Some of my vests I've had for years and they're still looking great.  I love how just by adding them to a different look year after year, I can easily keep them "on trend".

So even though I could justify a vest-y splurge, let's just be honest, finding a more affordable option I love is always better. I recently picked up this faux leather one at Forever 21.






When I showed this vest in one of my recent Fall Trends videos, I got a ton of questions wondering how the heck to style it. When you think about what to wear a faux leather moto-style vest with, it can sound a bit tricky. But where these are concerned I find it's best not to over-think it. Throw it on over anything! See how it feels.

I like to balance mine with more simple elements and a few super girly ones (like the leopard shoes, super sparkly bracelet, and monogram necklace).



It was SO hard not to carry my Coach studded Mini Tanner bag I've been wearing the heck out of lately, but since it's so studded, I wanted to pair something a little different with the vest to keep it from looking too tough. 
So I broke out my Louis Vuitton Eva clutch. I like how the brown "Damier" print sort of pulled from the top beneath the vest and kept it from looking too black-leathery-matchy-matchy. That's totally a term, btw.

Just a super simple look that wasn't too tough to put together! So my answer to how to style a vest like this is simple. Wear it with whatever makes you feel good! I can't wait to wear this one this Spring with a cutesy dress too.  It's such a versatile piece.

details:
Splendid top, Forever 21 vest, 7 For All Mankind skinny cropped jeans, Tory Burch wedges, Louis Vuitton Eva clutch, Henri Bendel sparkly cuff, cuff bracelets from thecurrentcustom.com, monogram necklace by Jennifer Zeuner


 Do you all have a vest like this? What do you like to pair yours with?

0 comments:

Post a Comment