New MAC Style Warriors Goodies! (and swatches)


So happy that I checked out this collection in person. I had made a little wish list in my head of items I thought I wanted for sure, but when I saw them in person, there were different things that caught my eye. Especially with the lip and nail colors.
I thought the boxes were super cute...the actual packaging on the products?? Eh, not so much. But I love the lipglass packaging for some reason with the animal print on the top of the wand. Even though it's, well, a little tacky...haha. Anyway, here's what I got!



I picked up two of the eye shadows, Bright Future and Night Maneuvers. I already had Vibrant Grape (it's permanent in the pro line) and Tempting. I thought the light golden shade was similar to Nylon and Solar White so I skipped that. While I think the Night Maneuvers is very similar to other browns I own, like Mystery or even Brun, I caved and got it anyway since I'm a sucker for good dark cool browns. I picked up two of the On a Mission beauty powder blush just because as you probably have heard me say before...I LOVE BEAUTY POWDER BLUSH!! (not to be confused with Beauty Powders...TOTALLY different thing...see my FAQ section of my blog). Anyway, I wanted one in the packaging for me and one to depot for my kit. Just because I love the color SO much.
For the bronzers, I picked up Refined Golden only. I love Solar Riche, but I have a good bit of my other one left. But who am I kidding... It's a limited edition shade, so I'll probably pick up a back up eventually.
About the nail polish... I had only planned on getting the purple shade and the light cream shade. In person, the lightest shade looked like an OPI shade I already have and the bronze shade (mercenary) which appeared kinda boring in pictures, was gorgous...much brighter and with more shimmer than I had thought. So I had to get that one too.
I was also expecting to get the Brave New Bronze lipstick. When I saw it in person, I wasn't too thrilled with it. It was kinda plain. So I really only liked Purple Rite...SUCH a gorgeous color. But somehow, in all the mix of getting the other stuff, it didn't make it into my basket :( Oh well. I'll have to go back for it later. I LOVED the lipglass shades. Especially Fierce and Fabulous. That's the only one I got. It reminds me of my beloved Star Nova lustreglass, but more opaque. I skipped everything else. Just because I really have always disliked the Solar Bits (the formula is just messy, weird and unnecessary). I also wasn't too thrilled with the lustre drops. Seemed like any other highlighting/bronzing formula like that I have already. But I really do love what I ended up with!

Here are some swatches... I swatched other colors I already owned from the collection as well.

Eye Shadow
Night Maneuvers, Tempting, Vibrant Grape, Bright Future


Beauty Powder Blush
Eversun, On a Mission

Bronzing Powder
Solar Riche, Refined Golden


Lipglass, Fierce and Fabulous































Nail Polish: Violet Fire, Mercenary

*I'll post swatches of the nail polish shades soon :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment