Tutorial – Easy Smokey Eyes!

Today I will talk you through my ‘signature’ smokey black look.  I wear this look almost everyday I’ll admit that I feel naked without it!  I wore this look to the Edward Bess launch last week and had some compliments on it and a few of the girlies wanted to know how I did it and persuaded me to do a tutorial, so here it is!

1 

I’ve created diagrams showing the 6 steps I use to complete this look so hopefully it’ll be easy to follow at home.

tutoral2 

1. Start by applying primer to a clean eye, I use Urban Decay’s Primer potion.

2. Apply a light base colour.  I use MACs Nylon, it is my favourite base colour as it suits every other colour, it goes with browns, greens, blue etc.  Its a beautiful shimmery golden as you can see in the pics above!

3. Then apply a darker shade in the crease of your eye and create a ‘<’ shape on the outer edge of your eye to open it up.  Here I’ve used The Body Shops eye shadow in #42.  Again, use any colour, I normally use MACs Beauty Marked.

4. Apply a liquid or gel liner to your top lash line, you can make this thick or thin as you like and you can draw on a cat flick as well to give the illusion of longer eyelashes and larger eyes.

5.  Apply a black kohl pencil onto your lower lash line and waterline.  I use Gosh’s velvet touch kohl, its super smooth, lasts all day and is very affordable.  This line doesn’t need to be neat at all – I often use a smudger brush (from TBS) to smudge this line to make it more smokey. 

6.  Apply mascara to top and bottom lashes, I’ve used TBS’ super volume mascara.  Last but not least, apply a tab of your shimmery base colour on the inside of your eye socket, to open your eyes up and to brighten them!

And Voila!

voila

This look takes me literally 5 minutes as I’m so used to doing it, but when I’m going out in the evening I like to add more different shades and colours to build the look up!

IMG_0123_pp

Finish with your favourite blusher and a sweep of lipstick.  Here I used TBS blush in 05 Tea Rose and MAC’s Porcelain pink, with a slick of Jazzed lippie!  (Sorry for the bad hair – I’ve been so lazy and haven’t brushed it today – ew! Haha!)

Products used on eyes -

IMG_0085 IMG_0087

Products used on face -

IMG_0090

Did you enjoy this? Would you like to see more tutorials in the future?

If anyone tries this look out, show me a picture and let me know if it was easy to follow!

XXX

0 comments:

Post a Comment