L’Oreal Voluminous mascara review

Haven't reviewed a mascara in a while, so I’ve decided to talk about L'Oreal's Voluminous which I’ve been using for a good month now.

Before I bought this, I had read many reviews on it where people had been gushing with praise and recommendation on how good it was, so I took the leap and purchased it for about £8.  This was quite daring and risky of me, as I normally just stick with what I know with mascaras and I did think that £8 was a bit expensive for something I may find I didn’t even like.  I probably should have listened to my gut instinct!

Bare lashes -

IMG_0042 

055

One coat -

 IMG_0049 IMG_0050

Is it just me, or is this really clumpy?  I don’t know, but with one coat I just get a basic, rather clumpy layer of mascara covering my lashes.  It really doesn’t do anything for me, I don’t think it volumizes and it certainly doesn’t make my lashes 4x bigger, which I would want for the price.  I know there are more expensive mascaras out there, but the ones I have tried which retails more than £8, I have really liked, so I expected this to be the same.

Two coats - 

Are you ready?

IMG_0056 

IMG_0072

Can you see how this just does nothing but clump my lashes and weigh them down?

I’m so disappointed with this mascara, and I wanted so badly for it to work; I’ve been using it for a month, trying different ways of applying it, with different layers but I just can’t get it to work for me.  I know many people who love this mascara and I’m jealous that I can’t rave about it with them.

Has anyone else had this problem with this mascara?  I’m so upset about it that I just went and bought my usual Super Volume TBS mascara which I know I can rely on.  Maybe in a few weeks I’ll try again with it and pray that it makes my lashes beautiful and long looking.

Let me know if there is a technique that maybe I’m missing when it comes to applying my mascara, or if you have any tips for making them work better! 

XXXXX

0 comments:

Post a Comment