Revlon, Nails inc & Barry M Nail Polish!

I have currently retreated to bed after burning my poor little knees in the sun today, so I’m now cheering myself up with nail polish swatches!  I’ve built up quite a collection of swatch pictures which I just haven’t got round to posting as I’ve been so busy, so I thought I’d put them in a post together!

Nails Inc – Candy

nailsinc 

I obviously snapped this up when it was a freebie in instyle magazine and I’ve worn it lots since and really like it.  Recently all I’ve been wearing on my nails is bright, vibrant, dark colours, and it was nice to take a break from those and wear this as its quite a neutral pink colour.  It lasts well, doesn’t chip for a few days and is easy to take off.  The images above are three coats which gives a nice opaque finish and I find the colour very feminine, yet smart.

Revlon – 093 Tropical Temptation

revlontt

I’m not quite sure how to describe this colour, I’d say its a pink peach, but quite a milky one.  Its very pretty, not quite as bright and stunning as Barry M’s Flamingo Pink, but still very wearable and stylish, especially for this summer!  I really couldn't get a decent picture to show you the true colour of polish, but I tried, and above you can see it looking slightly different in different lights – pink in sunlight and rather peach coral in tungsten light.  I do find that Revlon polishes chip quite a bit, and for the price (RRP £6-7) I wouldn’t expect that, but the colour is nice so I don’t mind all too much.  Oh, this is also quite a pain to apply as it streaks a bit, and takes a while to dry so you need lots of patience and time when applying this!

Barry M – 161 Vivid Purple

barrymp

Sorry for the horrible short, smudged nails in these swatches!  Vivid purple is gorgeous but pretty daring and not for everyday use.  Not completely sure why I have this colour, but its nice to have if you want to match it with a purple dress or shoes or something!  Its quite pigmented so you only need two coats, and its pretty much the same as the other Barry M nail polishes in terms of chippage!  Good value for money and a nice one to have in a nail varnish collection!

Hope you enjoyed these swatches, I’ve actually cut down on buying nail products for a while as I have far to many, so I will start swatching all the ones I’ve gathered soon! Which is your favourite out of these three?

XXX

0 comments:

Post a Comment