Sleek Pout Paints Review & Swatches

I have been looking forward to these hitting Superdrug stores since I first laid eyes upon them at the Sleek ‘Destination S’ event back in February.  Those of you who read that post (here) will know that there was a competition at the event: all of the pout paints were lined up and we were given a pot each to create our very own unique lip colour from the shades available, and the person who created the best shade won a Marc Jacobs watch, and I won!!!

IMG_1547

Sleek kindly sent me four of these in the post, but I went out and bought another two shades because I wanted them too (in fact, I want them all, my life won’t be complete until I have them in my possession!).

L-R Peachy Keen, Milkshake, Cloud 9, Lava, Pin up, Peek-a-bloo

1

These tubes are filled with intensely pigmented lip paints that have a beautiful soft, creamy and moisturizing texture which adds a flash of colour to any outfit.  But the real fun is when you start mixing and creating your own personalized lip shades!

5

All you need are a few pout paints, a spatula (or a brush or your finger to mix the shades) and a few little pots so you can carry your new customized lip colours around with you (I got a stack of 6 pots from boots for around £2).

Below are a few of my favourite lip colours that I created!
4
Milkshake & Cloud 9

6 
Cloud 9, Lava & Pin up

7 
Lava, Peachy Keen & Milkshake

What I think: I have always, always wanted to create my own makeup line/range and now I am one step closer with these babies! (Although I still want a few of the pink pout paints so I can mix some intense neon pinks and purples up!).
My favourite shade at the moment is Milkshake, a beautiful creamy pink and I’ve worn this out a few times by itself and I received lots of compliments on it.  Also, the blue shade is perfect for warming colours up and the white is for cooling the shade down, so ultimately you can create any shade you desire.

I think these little tubes are heaven and so affordable for how pigmented they are.  I always wanted to try the OCC Lip Tars which are very similar to these, but now I don’t need to as these are cheaper and more accessible.  They retail at £4.99 each at Superdrug and there is also an offer on at the moment which is 3 for 2! 

Oh, and to apply these onto my lips I use my index finger.  You can use a lip brush but I just find it easier to apply by dabbing it on my lip.

Have you got these Pout Paints yet?  What shade will you create?

xxxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment