Body Shop lipsticks!

Hey guys! So this is my first of many many lipstick swatches posts.  It has been one of my new years resolutions for the past two years to wear lipstick every day, and at the moment I am succeeding!  When I wear lipstick I glamorous and confident and I think all ladies should embrace our feminine side by accentuating our lips! 

Today I’m popping up swatches of a few Body Shop lipsticks I have bought.  They are all pinky/reds as I think they suit me well.

(I’d like to apologise now for my wonky, bulbous-fat lips!)

First Colour – 48

makeup lips 057

makeup lips 0582

This is a lovely pale pink, the one out of all which I probably wear most as I love Barbie pinks.

Second – 55 Pure Blush

makeup lips 075 

makeup lips 072

This colour is VERY similar to the first, but it has the slightest purplish tint which makes it a tad darker and bluer.  Still a very pretty wearable pink!

Third – 57 Pink Flirt

makeup lips 087

makeup lips 092makeup lips 094 (with flash)

I LOVE this colour, its so beautiful, an obvious darker pink but it has a touch of orange coral. 

Fourth – 69 Pinkette

makeup lips 103

makeup lips 115 makeup lips 108

A nice dark pink, lots a lot scarier in the tube but comes out very wearable.

Fifth – 52 Rich Scarlet

makeup lips 122

makeup lips 127 (facing away from sunlight)

One of Body Shops two nice red shades!

Conclusion – The Body Shop released some beautiful colours when they expanded their lipstick collection and I’m so glad they did.  The colours are all beautiful and are suited to a wide range of skin tones and colours.

All of the lipsticks contain community trade marula oil and beeswax which are super moisturizing.

My one drawback is that you have to apply quite a lot of product to get a very pigmented colour, it doesn’t make my lipsticks run out any faster, but it just takes longer than one swipe to get the colour of the actual stick, if that makes sense!

I will be doing many more lipsticks swatches soon, so stay tuned! And I’d like to say Hello and thank you to all my followers! Its nice knowing that some people actually read this instead of me just waffling on to no-one! Haha! XX

0 comments:

Post a Comment