Sleek ‘Destination S’ Event!

Last Friday I was lucky enough to attend the Sleek Makeup ‘Destination S’ event in Shoreditch.  I absolutely adore Sleek and their products and so I was very excited to see what they had in store for us!   We were greeted with a bag and a cheque book, full of pages that we could tear out to enter competitions and collect prizes.  I loved the interactive side of this event, it was great to get hands on with new products!  We had our lip ‘prints’ read by a fortune telling man (apparently I’m the Chinese element of wood - energetic, outgoing, don’t like people being late etc – all so true!), we had our skin matched up to one of Sleek’s 30 new foundation shades, we had to create and mix our own ideal lipstick colour, had to try our hand at guessing ten Caribbean maps AND we had a Zumba lesson and competition!

I’ll tell you first about a few new collections coming out and then more details about what we got up to!

sleeknude ohso
^ Oh So Special palette

< Nude palette and Pout Polish

So we got a sneak peak of a few new i-divine eyeshadow palettes that are set to make their debut this year, my favourite two being the Nude palette and the Oh So Special palette - both filled with wearable neutrals and browns that I could easily wear every day of the week – I can’t wait to get my mitts on these!  Along with the Nude palette, a nude blush and lip polish are also going to be released, both again super pretty and wearable, I suspect they’ll be very popular!

Another two LE ranges coming out is the Caribbean and Mediterranean collections, each with a palette, blush and lip polish.  Both of the ranges have stunningly bright colours which are beautiful and perfect for the summer and adding a bit of colour to you outfits.  I absolutely love the look of the orange blush and lip pout in the Caribbean range and the orange/coral will be playing a major colour role in my spring/summer makeup.  We were given the Mediterranean collection to play with so expect a full review of the range in the next few days.

carribean2 sleekmedi
^ Sleek Mediterranean range

< Sleek Caribbean range

Another product that I absolutely can’t wait to launch is the Pout Paints – these are very very similar to the OCC Lip Tars but I suspect will be more affordable.  They are basically intense pigmented lip paints that you literally need a dab of to paint the lips – and the best bit is that you can mix them to create your very own signature shade.  One of the tasks in the event was to create your own shade with the ten pout paints available, and the best colour was to win a Marc Jacobs watch, and guess what… I WON!!!!  How incredible is that! 

poutpaint

So above is the area where we had to mix our own individual pout shades.  I chose to mix a pink, peach and white to create the perfect creamy peach shade which I will be sporting this summer and below is my creation and my swatches!

creation

I must say, I’m pretty damned proud of my little concoction and its made me want to design my whole own lip colour range (that really would be my dream job – to make my own makeup line and create all colours and formulas myself!).  I got feedback on why my shade won, which was the colour is on trend, an instant ‘wow’ upon opening, stunning colour and good creative mix of colour palette.

The stunning little beauty I won was the Marc Jacobs ‘Mademoiselle Rivera’ watch and its absolutely beautiful – it has red diamante lips on the clock face (very apt for the competition!) and because its white it’ll virtually go with any outfit.  I’ve always wanted a designer watch and now I finally have one! AHHH SO HAPPY!!

marc

I had an absolutely great day with some amazing company; Hannah – Baby Blonde, Sabrina – A Little Obsessed, Shirley – Meek N’ Mild, Fei – Peonies and Lillies, Zoe – The London Lipgloss, Fleur – Fleur De Force, Gemma – Gemsmaquillage, Zara – Mouldy Fruit and many more absolute babes! 

I’ve got lots of Sleek lipstick, blush and eyeshadow swatches coming up soon so keep an eye out!

Which collection are you eyeing up?  What's your favourite Sleek product?

XX

0 comments:

Post a Comment