Dilemma: What to spend Boots Advantage Points on?

Ladies, I HAVE A DILEMMA!  I have a whopping £20.05 worth of Boots points on my Advantage card and I need help with what to spend them on!

For the past three years or so I have always saved up enough points to repurchase my Urban Decay Primer Potion and that's it, but now I’ve finally saved up enough for that and a few more treats, they only go and bloody stop selling Urban Decay in Boots!  So now I’m going to have to buy that with my real pennies, which means I have a few other options of what else I can spend my points on.

My real dilemma is – do I keep saving a bit more and buy myself one piece of high end makeup as a treat, or do I use my points to repurchase all of my toiletries to save me actually buying them?  I’ve compiled a wish list below for each category, so please, what would you do?!

High-end makeup choices

splurge

1) Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Lipstick (exact shade undecided but I love #13 so much that I quite fancy another)

2) Estee Lauder Blush in Peach Nuance (I’ve wanted this blusher for a year now and always drool over it when in Boots – could now be my chance to actually get it?)

3) Yves Saint Laurent Volume Effet Faux Cils Luxurious Mascara (I’ve never tried a high end mascara and I want to!)

4)YSL Teint Radiance Foundation (…and I’d also love to try a high end foundation if they have one pale enough)

5) Estee Lauder Lipstick in Crystal Baby (a back up for my current one which I’ve nearly finished).

Toiletries and Cheaper Treats

drugstore

1) No7 Eyeshadow Brush (It looks super fluffy and nice, but I could just purchase it next time Boots do a £5 off voucher)

2) Aussie 3 Minute Miracle (My favourite conditioner and I’ve just run out!!)

3) Batiste Dry Shampoo (I go through about two of these a month so I could stock up!)

4) Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (I’ve seen soooo many reviews on beauty blogs about this and I’m dying to get my hands on it!!)

5) Rimmel Nail Polish in Rose Libertine (I’ve also been eyeing this up for a year but always forget when I go into Boots)

6) Vaseline Lip Balm in Cocoa Butter (I LOVE the smell of this, its identical to the body oil which I absolutely adore and now I want this too!!)

7) Simple Soothing Eye Balm (My eyes have been quite sore lately and I’m looking for a nice gentle eye cream to use, this looks perfect)

 What to do?My gut instinct is to spend my points on toiletries and the little treats above, as I’ll get more little bits instead of just one thing and I’ll save some actual money, but at the same time a luxurious treat would be nice. 

However, I’ve just been looking at my money situation and it works out that I have around £20 a month to spend for the next month if I don’t want to come to the end of my overdraft, so I’ve decided I’m going on a spending ban starting tomorrow (1st April) and won’t be allowed to purchase any clothes, makeup and beauty products for a month.  I’m not sure if I’ll be able to stick to it but I’ll try my hardest.  (I’ll still be able to spend my Boots points though because that's not actually coming out of my bank account, right? :p)

What do you think I should do?  What would you do?  And have you ever been on a spending ban before? Have you got any tips?

xoxox

0 comments:

Post a Comment