He-Shi Three Step Fake Tan Review!

I’ve become a slight fake-tan junkie as of late and although I don’t apply it everywhere, I’m really enjoy looking a slightly tanned shade.  I’ve recently been using the He-Shi fake tan range which I’d heard lots about (mainly from Jess at StarViolet beauty; she loves it!) and so I couldn’t resist trying it out for myself.

IMG_0352

I was sent the three step regime which includes an exfoliating body wash, a liquid express tan and a soufflé moisturizer!

Step 1 - Exfoliating Body Wash

1

This stuff smells incredible, like sweet strawberries!  Its a really nice exfoliator – not too harsh, but you can feel the little crystal bits in it scrubbing away.  I haven’t and probably won’t use this on my face although it says that you can, just because my skin is acne prone anyway and I’m weary of using fragranced products that may irritate it! 

Step 2 - Liquid Express Tan

2

I found this tan is super easy to apply because its a brown liquid so you can see exactly where you are putting it, which is good for people like me who are forgetful and don’t realise where they’ve missed.  It applies smoothly, doesn’t smell at all and sinks into the skin really nicely.  It doesn’t take too long to dry on the skin either, around a minute or two and your ready to go.  The tan develops over a few hours into a lovely golden which you can see in the pictures below.

Step 3 - Soufflé Moisturizer

3

I love this moisturizer.  It hasn’t got any actual fake tan in it but it helps your tan stay on longer because of the good moisturizing ingredients such as like Aloe Vera and Vitamin E, etc.  This smells lovely, sinks into your skin really nicely and also gives a nice matt finish to your skin which is nice, it makes the skin look really soft.  I’ve been using it daily all over (even without the tan) and it hasn’t irritated my eczema at all which is a plus!

Results -

hesh

IMG_0692 (un-tanned arm compared to tanned legs!)

What I think -  I’m really happy with the results – as you can see above its quite a noticeable colour difference but still natural and glowing.  It did go slightly streaky in some places – on my knees and neck area but it wasn’t too bad.  It is my fault because I’m terrible at applying it and tend to dance around slapping it on with my mitt not really paying attention, which I need to stop doing!  I applied this a week and a half ago and I still have a slight colour now which is nice.  Something else I liked about this was that their is hardly a smell in the fake tan and it didn’t transfer onto my pyjamas/bedding after I had applied it.

Please do take extra care when using this though – because I wasn’t expecting the tan liquid to be so ‘liquidy’ it went everywhere when I first applied it – note the change in bed sheets above.  Thankfully the spill did wash out of my white sheets so its not too much of a problem.

The Exfoliating Body Wash is £12, the Express Liquid tan £21 (150ml) and the Soufflé Moisturizer £12.50.  You can get all three products at the moment here for the special offer price of £29.99, along with the mitt which is great value for a starter pack with the whole regime in it, I think and you can buy it all on their website here.

Have you used He-Shi before? Do you think the colour suits pale skin?

xoxox

0 comments:

Post a Comment