Topshop makeup swatches!

After drooling over loads of beauty blogger’s swatches of the new Topshop Limited Edition ‘Sandstorm’ range, I decided I definitely deserved a treat and popped into my local Topshop to have a look at the products!  I accidentally picked up a few extra products that I didn’t intend on purchasing; but I fell in love with them and couldn’t handle the thought of them not being mine.  (I know my Mum is reading this, so before you tut tut at me for buying more makeup, I deserve it and gave up the MAC Wonderwoman collection for these beauties, okay!)

IMG_0133 

From the LE Sandstorm collection

Gloss Stick in Ablaze

IMG_0158

This is the one thing that I knew I had to get.  I adore all pink peach lipsticks so this is just perfect for me.  Unfortunately, in the flesh it isn’t as striking, I thought it’d be a lot lighter, but its gorgeous none the less and really wearable.  I’d describe it more as a sheer lip colour, which feels silky and moisturizing on the lips.  £8

Long-Lasting Metallic Colour in Eqiunox

IMG_0155

After seeing swatches of this on Jess’s blog, I knew I had to check it out and this has to be the favourite thing I picked up.  Oh my god it looks so beautiful on the skin its unreal, and the colour is the most perfect universal gold/bronze that I swear any skin colour could pull off.  I highly recommend this and I wish it wasn’t limited edition.  Please make it permanent Topshop! I love the shiny gold packaging on both of the products above – very luxurious and glam, also wish the main range looked the same!  £8.50

Permanent collection

Sunbeam Highlighter

IMG_0147

I had never noticed this on the stand before but it instantly caught my eye.  This powder highlighter is massive, you get 6.5g of product which is loads!!!  I adore gold highlighters so I couldn’t not purchase it.  I’ve been wearing a sweep of this on my cheeks and I’ve also been using it as an eyeshadow base (quite similar to MAC’s Nylon).  Such a bargain at £9 as well.  One thing that I would have loved in this product is a mirror – the lid is big enough to hold one and it’d make it easier to use on the go, but apart from the I’m very excited to find new ways of using this.

Felt tip Eye Liner

IMG_0162

Soooo not impressed with this liner.  I was expecting great results after swatching this on my hand in store – it was stunning, dark and wouldn’t budge, but maybe I got a faulty one or something because it runs out after lining one eye – so lame and disappointing.  I’m going to take it back tomorrow and ask if its normal or if I’m doing something wrong because I don’t see how the tester in store was fab and how this is just not drawing lines properly, you can see how bad it looks in the swatches below.  £6.50

 3

What I think – Apart from the liner, I am overly impressed with the LE range and Topshop makeup in general.  The quality of products are fab, the packaging is kinda cute and the price is quite affordable.  You can see my other reviews and swatches on the cream blushes here and the lip polishes here.  Massive thumbs up from me.

Who else loves the new LE collection?  Has anyone else had problems with the Liner?

XXX

0 comments:

Post a Comment