Blink + Go Lash Extension Review!

I am not blessed with beautiful, long, impressive eyelashes.  Mine are pretty non-existent until I whip out my mascara and apply a few coats, so I’ve always been interested in other ways of accentuating my lashes. 

After becoming a Glossy Box ambassador I received two tokens which allowed me to receive a HD Brow AND a Blink + Go Lash Extension treatment which I quickly booked up with excitement, so that I’d be transformed and gorgeous for the Christmas party season.  I visited the Karen Betts clinic in 1 Harley Street to film and document the whole process of HD Brows & Blink + Go extensions with Glossy Box, which will be online soon to watch (I’ll post it here when its live)!

(I’m reviewing my whole HD Brows treatment in another blog post because it is quite lengthy, so stay tuned for that!) 

Before I start yapping away about the procedure, here are the before and after photographs with my brand new lashes and brows!
1
3 
Blink + Go procedure – The whole procedure takes around 20-30 minutes and is pretty straight forward! 
You and your consultant talk through the look you want to achieve with your lashes, whether it be subtle or striking.  I chose to have relatively natural looking lashes because I hardly ever wear falsies and thought it would be quite a leap to have full on false-looking lashes.

You have to keep your eyes open throughout the whole treatment (to prevent the glue sticking your eyes together!) which does become slightly uncomfortable as your eyes do start to water (from the fumes of the glue & from not being able to blink often) but after a while your eyes adjust and it isn’t that bad.  Your consultant will hold your eye open and apply lashes one by one, building up a few layers until the desired affect is finished.  And voila – you are left with gorgeous, fluttery lashes.

I love that you can hardly tell that they are false in the photograph below – they are attached so well and beautifully that they look so real.

5 4

With makeup on -
9 

Aftercare – You can’t use any oil based makeup removers whilst having the lashes as it loosens the glue so they will fall out quicker.  You can’t wet your eyes or go swimming for 24hours after treatment. 

One thing I loved about these lash extensions was that I couldn’t see or feel them – one thing I despise with falsies is how heavy they make my eyes feel and how I can see them when I wear them, but with these I hardly noticed I was wearing them until I touched my eyes.  The lashes did start irritating my eyes after a few days but only in the evenings when I was tired; when I opened my eyes and looked up I could feel them digging into my skin which was uncomfortable but not unbearable.  One or two also fell out every day after the treatment but because there were so many it wasn’t noticeable. 

The day before removal (14 days after application) -
7

Removal – The lashes last from 7-10 days but I kept mine in for two weeks (14 days).  You are supposed to get them removed at the salon you had them applied in, which I did, so that they are removed professionally causing as little damage to your natural eyelashes as possible.  If you can’t make it back to the salon, then apply an oil based makeup remover onto a cotton pad and leave it to soak on your lashes for a while. DO NOT try to pull them out – you will pull your natural lashes out too.  Then again, in the morning use an oil based remover and slowly pull away the cotton pad until all lashes are removed.  I’m pretty sure you could use Extra Virgin Olive oil to help get them off too (its a wonderful multi-use product, I used to use it as a makeup remover).  If you get them removed at the salon they will just use a heavy remover and they’ll be gone in a matter of minutes. 

What I think:  I absolutely ADORED having my lashes and I miss them terribly now.  I felt confident to go out of the house without NO makeup on and I still felt beautiful – this was a pretty big deal to me who normally covers my eyes with eyeliner and eyeshadow in order to feel pretty and for once I didn’t need to do anything to ‘improve’ myself. 
I will say now that I have never felt as vile looking as I did the minute they were removed, I literally felt bald, but you will get used to it.  I would have them again in a flash – but am giving my natural lashes a bit of a rest at the moment.  I am going to have them again very soon and think that the procedure would make a lovely gift as well!

You can read up on Blink + Go at their website here.  Prices start from £25 for the procedure but will vary at each salon.

Have you ever had eyelash extensions?  What do you think of my new look?!

xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment