MAC Haul!

Firstly, thank you to everyone who commented on my ‘HELP!’ post with a recommendation!  I jotted everything mentioned down and trotted on down to the MAC stall in the Selfridges beauty hall and had a lovely time swatching everything on the back of my hand and deciding exactly what I wanted.

My sister also had a MAC gift card from her boyfriend that she wanted to spend, so I dragged her along and helped her choose a few bits also.  She loves makeup but is a little clueless, so it was also fun to take charge and show her a few bits and let her choose her favourite. 

Below is a photograph of all the bits we bought that day – both mine and my sisters!

IMG_0331
My bits -

2

Creme Cup Lipstick – This was a little risky because I didn’t try it on my lips in store, I just swatched it on my hand, fell in love and decided I wanted it for sure.  Many of you said that this is a little light so it might wash my pale skin out, but its actually not too bad.  It’s a gorgeous pale pink and I’m looking forward to wearing this out!

Ravishing Lipstick – I returned 6 of my empty MAC products and got this with free with the back-to-mac scheme.  I wanted an orange based lippie because I’m obsessed with that colour and was originally going to go for Vegas Volt but I remembered that I had wanted Ravishing in the past, and ended up going for this.  It’s quite similar to Jazzed and Ever Hip which I already have, but I still love this shade!

Kinda Sexy Lipstick – Lots of you recommended this, but once I saw it in store I was a little hesitant.  I didn’t realise it was a matte shade and it looked a lot darker than I thought it’d be.  I asked the mua to try this on me and I decided that it really brightens my skin up and suited me perfectly.  It’s not completely natural because its darker than my bare lip shade, but it’s very beautiful.

Nylon Eye Shadow – My favourite golden eyeshadow, I will continue loving this forever!

Espresso Eye Shadow – I picked out a few dark brown eye shadows (including Brun) and asked the mua to match one up to my brows.  He said Espresso would be the best (as did many of you!) and tried it on me and its almost perfect.  I’ve yet to try this out properly, but it fills in my brows nicely and also looks gorgeous in the crease of my eye!

Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark – Right, now this is something I would NEVER have looked at and I can’t actually believe I bought this.  I told the mua that I wanted a contour shade for my face and I pointed out ‘harmony’ blush as an example and he shook his head and said ‘no, a mineralise skin finish will be better’.  He said that it would look more natural and would give more definition than a blusher would.  I uhmed and ahhed and he tried it on me and I realised he was actually right.  This gives a really, nice, natural contour to my face because it’s a matte face powder. 

Ladyblush Blush Creme – I was originally planning to buy Britwit Blush Creme because it looked incredible on swatches online but in actual fact it looked way too dark and plum-like on my pale skin.  Ladyblush, on the other hand, is pretty amazing.  It’s a stunning pink shade with a hint of brown and I adore this.

Melba Blusher – The mua tried Gingerly on my cheeks and it looked STUNNING (I think I need it!) but I went with Melba instead because it is just a little lighter and easier to wear daily.  Plus, I have wanted this for ages, so it seems appropriate!

My sister bought – Lipstick in Fanfare, Lip Liner in Dervish, Eyeshadow in Kelly, Studio Finish Concealer in NC15 and Blush Creme in Something Special.

That’s everything!  I am of course going to review each of these items fully, with swatches, very soon.  I’m really happy with all that I bought and have really been enjoying applying makeup recently because of these bits! 

What would you like to see reviewed first and what would you have bought?

Thanks again for all of your help!

xxxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment