The House of Rush – Hair Transformation!

On the 1st February I made my way to Piccadilly to undergo a hair transformation at The House of Rush.  THOR is the flagship store for Rush salons, but it’s also more than that; THOR is a little escape from the rush (ha) of London where you can go to fix up all of your beauty needs.  As well as being a hair salon, they also cater for almost every type of beauty treatment, from manicures, to massages, laser hair removal treatments, eyelash extensions, waxing, the lot!

The interior of the salon is absolutely stunning; it’s like the inside of a palace, complete with chandeliers and humongous gold framed mirrors.  There is also a waiter (all suited and booted) who is on hand if you want any snacks or drinks, which I thought was a really nice touch!

I decided to book in for a complete hair transformation – highlights, lowlights and a hair cut, to spruce up my dull looking hair.  I hadn’t had my hair cut or dyed since October and it was looking a little boring and in need of a makeover. 1

BEFORE – As you can see my hair was SO long that it was looking a little flat and lank.  The colour was also a little dull since last having highlights.
2

I showed Bradley, my hairdresser for the day, a few photographs of the kind of blonde I wanted my hair to match and he said that the best way to achieve it was to do half a head of highlights (to add blonde) and lowlights (to match my roots) and then darken up the ends of my hair a bit with a neutralising toner.  He also said that I’d benefit from a hair cut to encourage hair growth  Now, I have been admiring shoulder length, shaggy hair, a la Caggie Dunlop (MIC) for a while now, so I said hell yea, lets chop it off!

DURING -
3

AFTER – Gorgeous, healthy, natural blonde locks!  Bradley gently curled my hair with GHDs after trimming it, so that it looked more dishevelled and messy, which is how I normally wear my hair.
AFTER 

A week later – More toned down and a little lighter.
4

As you can see the colour is a lot more natural and has more depth – the highlights throughout are beautiful and blend in with my natural colour really well. 
My hair for the first day or two after the transformation did look reverse ombre-d (darker at the bottom and lighter on top) but after two washes then the colour shifted and the ends now match perfectly (this is great compared to my last salon dye where my ends were a lot lighter than my roots, you can see this here).
It was difficult at first to get used to the length as I’m so used to having mermaid hair, but I love it now and am even considering going shorter, shoulder length.  My hair is now much more manageable and doesn’t annoy me as much as it used to.

What I think – I had a lovely day in the salon and I love my new hair now, although it did take a few shampoos and washes to get my hair to fade and lighten up a bit.  The atmosphere in the salon is lovely, all the staff seem helpful and welcoming and the interior is beautiful.

Highlights –
- One of the best bits of the day was having the dye washed out of my hair because of the incredible reclining massage chairs that you can sit on whilst having your hair washed.  This was literally heaven.  The chair massaged my back, bottom and legs whilst I drifted off into a dream world.
- Pretzels!  I ordered a bottle of water from the waiter & he also brought me over some pretzels, I was a VERY happy girl.
- My hairdresser Bradley was lovely, I felt like I had known him for years.  We covered subjects such as Towie, Geordie Shore, boyfriends, weekends away and hair care, of course!
- The beautiful salon and its chandeliers
- The fact that you can have everything done in one salon is so good.  If you are in a rush but want a haircut and a manicure, then just tell the salon and they can do them at the same time, which is fab.  I love that you can have a massage, then a hair cut, a wax and your eyebrows threaded, all in one place.

Lowlights -
-
The only lowlight I can find is probably the price, and its not just THOR that I find expensive, I think all salons are too much money.  A cut and blow-dry at THOR starts at £49 and half a head of highlights/lowlights start at £89, so that’s £138 all together.  This is something that I would definitely only have done as a treat or before a special occasion.

Have you ever visited The House of Rush?  What treatments would you get?

xxx

Please note that I received the treatments free of charge, but this does not change or alter my opinion on the salon or the service! As always my reviews are honest and trustworthy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment