FOTD: 60s inspired look!

I’ve recently become a little obsessed with 60s makeup and have been experimenting with different ways of wearing makeup to emphasize my eyes.  One of the most classic and obvious ways to make the eyes appear bigger and brighter is to apply a white kohl pencil on your water line.  Taking this as inspiration, I created the look below.  I’d call it 60s makeup with a peachy modern twist!

3

1

PRODUCTS USED

FACE
L’Oreal Infallible Foundation in Porcelain
Collection 2000 Long Lasting Perfecting Concealer in Fair
Lily Lolo’s Mineral Foundation in Porcelain
MACs Melba Blusher

EYES
Sleek’s Au Natural I-Divine Palette (Nougat)
HD Brows Brow Palette (used as eyeshadow, eyeliner & to fill the brows in).
Sleek’s Lash Out Mascara
MAC’s Blacktrack Fluidline
Miss Sporty Mini-Me Eye Liner in Snow (on waterline)
Fake lashes (from eBay)

LIPS
MAC’s Kinda Sexy Lipstick
YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in Peach Passion #13

I decided to also wear my hair up for this look to add a bit of glamour and sophistication, which you can see below.  I only have one image of my eyes closed wearing this look (which is unfortunately bad quality as I took it on my ipod), but I’ll put it below also, so you can see where the eyeshadow was applied. 

I really love, love, love this makeup look so I’ll definitely be wearing it more often – although I would say this looks 10x better when worn with false lashes (which I don’t want to be wearing daily) but it’s nice to add some glamour to everyday life!

instagrmjgjg  10c57e6e6ecd11e1abb01231381b65e3_7
Photo of my hair that evening, stolen from Zoe’s twitter!

Are there any other time periods you would like me to try and recreate?  Do you wear white on your waterline?

xxxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment