Bourjois 123 Foundation Review

I haven’t done a foundation review in absolutely ages (since 2010 to be exact), but I think those pale babes out there will be pleased to know that I have got lots more coming up very soon!  Starting off today with this new foundation from Bourjois.

I haven’t tried a foundation from Bourjois before, mainly because I didn’t think their shade range was suited much to pale skin, but after the Bourjois event I thought their foundations sounded pretty fab and so I had to try them for myself.

The Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation is unique because it boosts it has 3 correcting pigments to sort out all imperfections.  These are yellow pigments to help with dark circles, mauve pigments for an anti-dull complexion and green pigments to help with redness.  Sound perfect right?!  Read on for my full review!

 BOURJOIS 123 5
BOURJOIS 123 4

BOURJOIS123
BOURJOIS 123 2

  • COLOUR – I have to be honest straight away and admit that the lightest shade in this foundation (51) is still a little too dark for me.  In sunlight it is very obvious that I am wearing a foundation and the shade doesn’t match up to my neck exactly.  I think this might be slightly better for me in the summer when I’m a little darker.
  • COVERAGE – I really like the coverage of this foundation.  As you can see above it pretty much covers all blemishes and really evens my skin tone out.  I could use a touch more of concealer on top just to make my skin perfect, but I don’t mind doing that!
  • FORMULA/finish – The formula of this foundation is pretty weird to me, but I like it.  It is a thick liquid which dries as a powder, matte finish which I really like.  When my skin is bad, I much prefer a matte foundation to a dewy one so this is perfect.  The liquid does feel quite thick at first but after blending properly it isn’t an issue.
  • PRICE – This retails at £10.99 (but is currently only £6.99 online at Boots), which is a pretty standard price for a high street foundation.
  • SPF – This has SPF 10 which is good for all year round!


SUNLIGHT B123
Sunlight – you can vaguely see around my hair line that it is a little too dark for my skin.

What I think – I do think this really evens out my redness and dark circles with its correcting pigments and I really like the formula and finish, I just wish that there was more of a colour range!  If the colour matched my skin I would be wearing this all the time, but at the moment I’m sticking to wear it out in the evenings when it isn’t as noticeable.
I like the packaging and the fact it has a pump, but some people may not like the glass bottle if they travel a lot (this isn’t an issue for me though).  Also – the smell of this foundation is quite nice, it’s like a powdery, baby, talc smell which you notice upon application (this fades shortly afterwards though).

For £10.99 in high street chemists it is definitely worth a go if you have slightly darker skin than me.

Have you tried Bourjois’ 123 Perfect Foundation before?  What’s your favourite high street foundation?

xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment