First Ever Jolie Box UK Review!

DING DONG, there has been a marriage this winter, and it involves Boudoir Prive and Jolie Box!  Both beauty sample subscription boxes have joined forces, creating Jolie Box UK.  Jolie Box was primarily a French sub box which have some great brand names behind them, so I was really excited to see what they had devised for their first UK box. 

Jolie Box UK is still £10 + p+p to order and you will receive a box with deluxe 5 samples in monthly.  The box itself is slightly smaller than Boudoir Prive and is now an elegant black with a lift lid (much better than the magnetic lid on the old box).

Read on for sample swatches and reviews!

J1

IMG_0832 
New Cid Cosmetics i-gloss in Baby Doll – I was so happy when I saw this in my box.  I absolutely adore New Cid products and their lip glosses are especially lovely – you can see a previous review in this post.  This particular shade, Baby Doll,  is a stunning milky pink cream shade which matches my favourite nude lipsticks.  I love that this lip gloss has a mirror on the side, a brush applicator instead of a sponge and the fact that it lights up when you apply it!

J2 
OPI Gold Shatter Nail Varnish – Bit of a confession here; this is the first OPI nail polish I now own AND the first shatter polish I own!  I love the colour of this varnish, its a stunning, glistening gold which will look gorgeous over any other nail polish.  I’ve applied it over a nude Stargazer polish in the swatches above and its subtle but striking.  I’ve heard you can also layer this on bare nails to avoid the crackle effect.

J3 
Jane Iredale 24-Karat Gold Dust Shimmer Powder-  Another product that I adore and will use again and again.  I absolutely adore glitters and anything sparkly and so this multi-use product is perfect.  You can use this as eyeshadow, a highlighter on your cheeks, on your body (mix a bit with moisturizer) or in your hair.  The possibilities are endless! 

J4 
Kusmi Detox Tea in Green Tea & Lemongrass – I am a big fan of green tea and I like to sip it before bed (my personal favourite is Tick Tock’s Green rooibos) so I am very excited to try this one.  This is perfect for the party season in my opinion – after all the partying and eating it is nice to drink something that makes you feel like you are being healthy!  I also adore the cute little tin it comes in, very sweet.

IMG_0833 
Jolie Box Concealer Brush – Very happy with this little bonus in the box – its the perfect size to carry around daily for makeup touch ups!  Can also be used to apply this gold dust in the box!

IMG_0834
Mitchell and Peach Shower Wash – If this did smell of peaches it would be divine, but alas its just the brand name!  I will probably pass this on to someone else or save it for holiday as I’m not a fan of shower gels.  This smells like essential and massage oils; very relaxing but I prefer sickly sweet scents.

IMG_0851 
Yon-Ka Vital Defense Moisturizer – Again, I don’t like using sample sizes of skin care in case it irritates my acne, but recently I’ve noticed a few lines (wrinkles?) on my forehead and because this cream is anti-aging it might help!  I’ll give it a try on that area but am not expecting big results.

Do you like the look of the first Jolie Box UK?  Which product above would you most like to see underneath your Christmas tree?

xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment