The Body Shop Hi-Shine Lip Treatments!

Tonight, I’m in a lipglossy kinda mood, so I decided to dig out some of my glosses to swatch for you!  I have four of the Body Shop’s Hi-shine lip-glosses, one full size and three minis!

IMG_0061

01 – Pink Cream

032(sunlight)

IMG_0066 (flash)

This is one of my two favourite of the Hi-Shines.  Its a gorgeous pale nude brown in the tube, but applies as a clear almost nude lip-gloss. 

11 – Juicy Peach

IMG_0070   (flash)032(sunlight)

My second favourite, Juicy Peach!  A gorgeous peachy pink in the tube, which sparkles pink and coral on the lip!  The gloss itself is pretty clear, but the pink sparkles look adorable and suit any complexion!

10 - Perfectly Pink

IMG_0076 (flash)039 (sunlight)

I have never actually worn this out before, as I don’t usually tend to wear dark pink/purple on my lips, but looking at these pictures, I’ve fallen in love! This is probably the most pigmented out of all the Hi-Shines, it comes out as a purple/mauve pink, which sparkles like crazy under light, as you can see in the first picture. 

???

Now, I have no idea which shade this is by looking on TBS’s website, and as it doesn’t say the number of the shade on the mini I have, I really have no idea!  But I will name a few guesses which the name could be below

IMG_0085 This is the colour in the package, just so you know.

IMG_0089 (flash)044 (sunlight)

Okay, so I think this could be either 02 Mauve Dream or 03 Bronze Beam.  I will check the next time I go to TBS and update this blog when I find out, or if any one else knows, then let me know!

This again is a beautifully glittery shade, but with more pigmentation, and colour than the first.  It has the same purple pink sparkles but the base is more coloured red than being clear.

Conclusion – If you have ever tried a Hi-Shine Lip Treatment, you will know that they are super moisturizing, yet super sticky!  I wouldn’t wear these on a windy winter day, instead I’d save them for the summer when I know my hair won’t catch in the gloss.  As they are so sticky, they literally cover your lips in the most silky-smooth-feeling layer of gloss, which feels pretty incredible when you pucker your lips!  The colours are very pretty, and although they look very glittery, they haven’t got any chunky glittery chunks in, at all, they are all smooth and the glitter just sparkles, instead of sits on your lips, which is a bonus (it basically doesn’t feel cheap).  The smell of the gloss’s are very nice, quite fruity – maybe passion fruit?  The tubes are real handy to use and carry around and easy to apply from the tube.  The glosses have also never leaked in my bag, which is a plus as I know a few glosses have that tendency!  They retail at £9.50 for a full size 6ml tube which will last you forever as you don’t need a lot to get the gorgeously glossy look.

What’s your favourite glossy tube shade? Has anyone used them before?

P.S – I bought all of these hi-shines with my own money. All opinions are honest!

0 comments:

Post a Comment