APRIL Favourites!

I hate how fast time flies when you are older!  I remember being fifteen and sitting in my room watching the clock, and five minutes seriously lasted forever!  I guess its good at the moment as it means that summer is approaching, but it makes me want to really enjoy every minute of my life as it happens, you know, cause it all goes so fast?

Anyway!  Here are my favourite make-up and beauty products that I’ve used the most this month!

makeup april 181

MAC Ever Hip Lipstick – J’adore this lipstick!  I hated it when I tried it on in store, as the lighting in there is awful and always makes everything look so unflattering on me, but I bought it anyway and I’m glad I did.  Its the perfect coral/pink shade which suits me no matter how I do my eye m-u.  You can see me wearing it with a smokey brown eye – HERE!  The consistency is beautiful – really moisturizing and it smells great.  Not sure it lasts all that long on my lips, but I love it anyway.

The Body Shop Lipstick #42 – I’ve had this for a long time but I’ve only just started wearing it again.  It is the perfect natural brown/pink for my lips.  You know those days when you want to wear a lipstick, but not anything too bright or colourful? Well on those days I reach for this.  I can wear it without looking like I’m wearing any lip product which I like.  Its moisturizing once on, but you have to apply a few strokes to get a nice pigmentation.  The silver bullet case is stylish and it smells good!

The Body Shop Peppermint essential oil – This essential oil was discontinued from TBS a while ago and I’m so upset that it was, as its probably my favourite essential oil and the one I use most often.  I get very bad back-ache, especially at work (I have scoliosis – curvature of the spine, which is most probably the cause of the back ache, and the reason I’m only 4’11’’).  This week I had a photoshoot with a make-up artist, stylist, model and I was the photographer, so I hired out expensive flash kits to use which were SO heavy and really did my back and neck in.  I am still in SO much pain from carrying it all and to even move my neck kills.  So I’ve been using the peppermint oil with the monoi oil (below) to massage into my back and neck and it feels really really good.  Its feels really minty, fresh and reviving when rubbed into the skin.  It also feels really cooling and tingly which relieves my neck pain for a while after I apply it.  I highly recommend peppermint oil to everyone who gets achy!  The smell wakes you up as well!

The Body Shop Spa Wisdom Monoi Miracle Oil – I started using this product at the beginning of this year, and I really love it.  (The packaging has recently been changed and looks a lot prettier in the stores, I have the old packaging).  This is the perfect body oil in my opinion and I have no reason to ever use another.  It leaves the skin moisturized and smelling beautiful – but what I love most is that it really sinks into the skin, and doesn’t leave any greasy residue at all if you moisturize it in properly.  It smells sooo good, but I can’t describe it so you’ll have to check a tester out in store.  This has really improved my eczema dry patches and it feels like a total luxury.  I’ve also used this in the bath AND in my hair.  I add a few drops into my bath when its running and I feel so soft after.  For my hair, I dampen it, apply the oil all over and leave it in for 15mins and then just wash it out and continue as normal.  I love products that are good for multi-tasking, and this proves useful for everything.

Boots Original beauty Formula Cleansing Milk – You can read my post about what I think of this – HERE!  It looks gorgeous on my vanity table, I adore the rose scent and I love how soft it leaves my skin feeling, although I think it needs a pump to stop me getting the product everywhere!

L'Oreal Voluminous 4x Black mascara – I’ve only just started using this mascara, but so far I really like it.  The big fat brush allows me to reach all my lashes in one sweep and lets me build up layers to get the coverage I want!  I will do a review of this properly with pictures next week!

GOSH foundation brush – I’ve had this for a few years but hardly used it, as I used to be really spotty and I felt I was just spreading spots around my face by using a foundation brush (this probably isn’t true – but it’s how I felt!).  Now that my skin is good, I’ve started using it again and it allows me to apply the foundation evenly around my face and I generally enjoy using a brush instead of my fingers.  It has a nice long handle and looks very professional, and I think the quality of the brush hairs are really good.  I have another GOSH brush (the one that looks like the MAC 187) which leaves massive long black hairs on my face which I hate, but the hairs in this one do not fall out.  The hairs are soft and man made (I think?!)!

OH! And I got a BlackBerry last weekend and I LOVE it!  Its so pretty and I love all the applications and the fact that I can go on the net whilst I’m on the move!

makeup april 186

That’s it guys!! What do you think? Are any of these products your favourites too?  XX

0 comments:

Post a Comment