The Body Shop’s Honey Bronze range!

Ever since hearing that the whole of The Body Shop’s current bronzing range is being discontinued (yes, all of it), I have been very excited to see what they’d bring out in its place.  Queue the Honey Bronze range!  Consisting of five products (with different shades of course).  I’ve got reviews and swatches of two of those products today, but more pictures of the rest of the range at the end of this post!

Couldn’t wait to get my hands on these particular babies, the Shimmering Dry Oil and the new Bronzing Powder.

IMG_0191 

Shimmering Dry Oil

oil

I think this will be a big hit this summer.  A dry oil with a gorgeous tan colour and a hint of shimmer.  I’m the palest and it gives me a very natural, glowing colour which I love, but it also looks superb on darker skin tones (after trying it out at work on everyone!).  The shimmer isn’t too noticeable so I’d say its suitable for everyday use all over the body.  It rubs into the skin well and evenly, and dries pretty quickly so your not left feeling oily all day.  It does have quite a strong scent which I think is meant to be honey, but instead it just smells like a floral butter to me (odd, but true!).  Gorgeous colour, easy to apply and moisturizing, thumbs up from me!

Bronzing Powder in shade Fair Matte #02

bronze

When I heard that TBS were also going to start catering for more skin tones, a la pale and dark, I may have jumped for joy and squealed a tad.  FINALLY! To start off with they’ve made four new bronzers and #02 is perfect for me.  Can you believe that?  I’m actually not #01 for once!  It does look super super pale in the pan but on the skin its a lovely, natural tanned shade and actually quite a nice contour colour as well.  I would even be tempted to try #03 for more of an obvious bronzed look.  This is a matte shade so it looks natural and is perfect for daily use.  I love the honey comb pattern on the powder and the big mirror in the lid is great too.  I’m sure they’ll be a bronzer for everyone in this range.

The rest of the range - (sorry about the rubbish picture, I took it on my blackberry before work!)
IMG00246-20110514-1649

Bronzing Gel for face – This is a great product which you can apply all over your face for a natural tan.  It’s quite similar to their current Shimmer Gels but this hasn’t got any shimmer, its literally a brown gel that gives you some colour.  Unfortunately this is way to dark for my skin, I popped it on my hand and it just looked ridiculous, but I’m sure it’d look lovely on everyone else.

Lip Nectar in Honey Beige (the golden brown one) and Honey Bunch (the orange/coral shade) – Similar to the current Hi-Shine lip glosses but with added Community Fair Trade organic honey for extra moisturization.  These are beautiful and have a slight sparkle but are a tad sticky.

Brilliance Powders – Not pictured above, but are exactly the same as the current brilliance powder but with a softer brush (the old one was quite rough and bristly, the new ones are more like their soft makeup brushes).  I think the colours may also be slightly different. 

The Honey Bronze collection will be out at the end of May and will be joining the permanent collection!  Priced between £9.50 - £17 I think!

Will you be getting anything from this range?  What’s your favourite bronzing product?

xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment