NARS Reviews (illuminator & pro prime!)

My first NARS products! Waaahhaaayy!  I’ve been using these babies for two months now and I’m converted, I can’t wait to try out more of their products.  On to the reviews -

IMG_0266

Super Orgasm Illuminator

 2

As you all know I do have a bit of a thing for peach/orange and shimmery things, so this illuminator is like heaven in a tube for me!  I’ve never tried the famous ‘Orgasm’ powder blush before but I can’t imagine it being much better than this!  This is the prettiest illuminating cheek colour I own and it goes SO well with my pale skin (I actually think this would look gorgeous on any skin colour).  It gives me a lovely radiant, peach twinkle when I wear it on my cheeks and it really brightens my face.  I love how it looks like a rose gold peach in certain lights, but comes to life with a dainty shimmer when in sunlight. 

Even though this is only 30ml it is going to last forever as its quite pigmented so you don’t need to use much!  I also like the fact that you can mix it with your foundation/primer or moisturizer for a lighter, healthy look.  £21.50 for 30mls.

Pro Prime, Multi-Protect Primer SP30/PA+++

primer1
L-R Squeezed from tube, rubbed around, fully rubbed into the skin giving a matte effect.

I’ve always been a bit scared of primers just for the fact that my skin is acne prone and the thought of layering yet another product onto my face makes me cringe a bit, but I’ve been using this in the morning instead of my day cream and its quite nice!  I wouldn’t go as far as saying that it makes my makeup stay on longer, but the fact that it has SPF 30 in makes it a winner for me.  The formula isn’t like other primer’s I have felt (silicone based ones mainly) and its texture is more like a moisturizer than something that fills in ‘fine lines’ etc.  It comes out quite thick and white, but does sink in well to the skin.  I also like that this is oil and paraben free AND includes anti-oxidants and anti-irritants which is good for dodgy skin like mine.  I do think this is pricey - £24 for only 30mls, but if its taken place of my moisturizer and sunscreen and doubles up as a primer then I guess its not too bad.

What are your favourite NARS products?  And what’s your favourite primer?

xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment