Sigma Make Me Crazy Brush Kit Review!

I have had a Sigma brush set on my wish list for a good few years now and I would have purchased them a while back had it not been for the fact that they are quite hard to get a hold of in the UK.  I was kindly gifted a 12-piece ‘Make me Crazy’ brush set and after using them for almost a year now, here are my thoughts.

IMG_1364

1
Large Powder F30 -  This is perfect for applying powders or mineral foundations because it is quite dense and so big!  The hairs are soft, but not as soft as The Body Shops brushes, but that’s okay because I can actually feel where I’m buffing my powder in.

2 
Duo Fibre F50 – I don’t know how I lived without this to apply my foundation!  I have no idea how or why this works so well to apply liquid or cream foundations but it really leaves me with an even coverage when I swirl it in the product and buff it into my skin in circular motions.  Love this but absolutely HATE how much it malts; Every time I use it I end up with a black hair across my face which winds me up, but it works so well so I keep using it!

3 
Large Angled Contour F40 – Another brush I simply could not do without; this is absolutely perfect for contouring or highlighting your face.  I use this to either apply blusher or contour and I carry this around with me a lot for touch ups.  The shape of the brush is lovely, slanted diagonally down one side and skinny when placed on its side.

4
Foundation F60 – After discovering the duo-fibre brush above then I have not had much use to use this foundation brush.  I have used it occasionally but I now hardly pick this up.  It’s a lovely shape and has soft bristles but not of much use anymore!

5 
Tapered Blending E40 – I’ll be honest and admit that even though I have had these brushes for ages, I have only just started using this particular one.  I find it too big and fluffy to blend eyeshadow in, but it works absolutely perfect to use when contouring my nose or for blending in concealer!  To use as a contour brush I swirl it to a contour powder and lightly blend apply the powder on each side of my nose with this brush.  To use as a concealer brush I literally just swirl it in the concealer and buff it into my skin.  Works wonders but malts horrifically.

6
Large Shader E60 – This doesn’t get enough attention when I apply my eyeshadow because I prefer using the brush below, but its quite a nice size to just sweep a base colour over your eyelid.

7 
Eye Shading E55 – I like this eye shadow brush because the hairs are really dense so they pick up a lot of product, perfect for loose pigments etc.

8
Medium Angled Shading E70 – I do like this brush because it is really soft, but I much prefer my Body Shop Blending Brush.  I use this occasionally to blend the darker colours in a smokey eye out.  I think this would be better if it wasn’t angled to be honest!

9 Concealer F70 – A standard concealer brush, perfect shape and size to get into those hard to reach areas on the face such as around the nose and under the eye.

10 
Pencil E30 – Love, love, love this brush!  I use this to put a darker colour in the crease of my eye, or to apply a darker brown or black under my eye for extra smokey-ness. 

11
Small Angle E65 – I mainly use this to either fill in my brows or to draw on liquid gel eyeliner.  The actual brush head is tiny so you can be very accurate with it.

12
Eye Liner E05 – Love this brush, its perfect to apply gel eyeliner and I sometimes use it to smudge pencil liner underneath my lash line too. 

What I think – I think this group of brushes makes a perfect starter kit to those getting into makeup and are unsure of which brushes to get.  It has a nice varied range of eyeshadow, foundation and powder brushes which are all very handy when applying makeup.  I like that it comes in a pot/tube which you can stand your brushes in and which means that it makes travelling with the brushes easy. 
One thing I do not like about two of my favourite brushes (E40 & F50) is how much they shed hairs.  I wouldn’t mind if they shed for a few weeks after I first bought them, but I have been using these for such a long time now and they still leave dark hairs on my face. 

You can only buy Sigma brushes online on their American website here - https://www.sigmabeauty.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=96

Do you have any Sigma Brushes?  What is your favourite brush brand?

xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment