New Year's Eve Party Makeup Tutorial & OOTD

O.M.G, you guys... Christmas is in 2 DAYS!! I can't even believe it! So before the holiday celebration gets officially underway around here, I wanted to share with you all one of my "go-to" party makeup looks, perfect for New Year's Eve! This would also be gorgeous for a Christmas Eve dinner celebration, or just any party in general, really. It's one of my favorite looks, and best of all, is super simple!

I also put together sort of an effortless and fun party look that works especially well in our neck of the woods, where it can get pretty cold on New Year's Eve.
Not that wearing a slinky little dress that covers a quarter of my body can't be fun, but seriously, I like to dress season-appropriate for where I live. I've always been like that.  So definitely don't feel like you have to go the typical sequined mini or tiny dress route for New Year's if it's freezing out.
You can definitely dress party-appropriate, fashionable, and be season-appropriate.
There's so many awesome options!

So check out my full video at the bottom of the post for a step-by-step tutorial on the makeup look as well as more info on the outfit. Hope you all love it!

But first, here's all the details...




products used for the makeup look:

not shown in video:


This outfit reflects my personal style perfectly... I'd like to say my style is effortless (not like I tried too hard or too trendy), classic, and with a bit of an edge.
Most of the elements are simple and chic (fitted blazer, silk top, leather tassel clutch), with one pretty trendy element.... the slouchy, tapered pant.  Oh, and a few edgy elements: the necklace, and spikes on the back of otherwise classic pointed-toe shoes.

So let's talk about these pants...


I'm a little obsessed with them. They're slouchy, tapered, and in a gorgeous crepe-y fabric that looks and feels really nice.
I also have them in black. They seriously go with whatever you put with them. They're just so easy.  The nicer fabric gives them much more versatility than a typical cotton knit style.


The bright fabric (these are in the shade "carnelian") provides a little pop for the outfit. That's a big tip of mine where New Year's Eve is concerned. Don't get lost in a sea of black clothing. Black is such a popular pick for New Year's. Stand out with a pop of unexpected color. Whether it's with fun shoes, a bag, or in my case, fun pants.


Some large, chunky accessories, and these fabulous (and affordable shoes) complete the look.


outfit details...

jacket by Zara (similar)




Oh, and who can resist this little honey bear?  He's saying, "Laaady, it's not even New Year's... What the heck are you doing?"



I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment