August Glossybox Review & Contents!

It’s that time of the month girls, Glossybox time!  This box has a great idea behind it (which is super suitable to the Olympic period we just had in London) as it features beauty products from all over the world.  Aptly named ‘International Superstars’, this box allows us to try out products we perhaps have never even heard of before from all around the globe, which I think is a great idea!

Read on to see my contents and to read my mini-reviews!birthday 557GLOSSYBOX AUGUST
GLOSSYBOX AUGUST 2

Alessandro Pro White Nail Polish (Germany) – I had never heard of a nail polish which you apply to counteract the yellow-ness of your nails if they have been stained by wearing too much nail polish, so this is a great idea!  This polish has the slightest blue tint which balances out any yellow, leaving you with bright nails.  I don’t have stained nails at the moment, so this polish has left my nails looking a little blue/purple (like they would do if you were freezing cold) but I’m planning to try it out as a base coat in the mean time!

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil (Japan) – This is a water-soluble deep cleansing oil which helps to remove makeup.  To use it, you pour some in your hands and rub the oil onto your face in circular motions, which should remove all of your makeup so you can then wash your face leaving nothing behind.  I’m really looking forward to trying this, although a little weary of using an oil as a makeup remover on my acne prone skin!

All for Eve Eve’s Balm – This is a great multipurpose balm for use all over the body.  So far I have used it on my elbows and lips.  I love that this little pot has a mirror inside and the smell is nice too – very essential oil-like.

Vera Valenti L’ombre a Paupiere Maragrita (Spain) – As you already know, I love eyeshadow palettes so it is nice to see a full sized one in this Glossybox.  I do think the colours are a little odd (I wouldn’t normally want four different shades of green in a palette) but the browns are nice.  This does look a little cheap looking with the white plastic but I’m still going to try it out.

Lipcote (UK) – I already own two Lipcotes (full review here), but it is nice to see something familiar in this box.  Lipcote is great at helping your lipstick stay in place all day, although it does smell a lot like nail varnish when you first apply it!

Glossy Box Lipstick in Glossy Pink – It seems as if Glossybox really are delving into the world of beauty products (remember their blusher brush in one of the last boxes?) and this time they have created lipsticks!   I am really impressed with this lippie (much more so than the brush) because the packaging is sleek and expensive looking, and because the lipstick itself is very pigmented and a beautiful colour!  I can’t wait to see what else they have in store for us!

What I think – I like that there are a selection of makeup and skincare products in this box and I think a lot of other people will be happy with this too.  The makeup shades selected seem really universal so they will suit any skin tone, which is fab.  I would (and will) definitely use every product in this box so it’s a thumbs up from me!

Are you looking forward to receiving this box?  What other countries would you like to see featured in a Glossybox?

xxxxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment