TREND: Dark Red Lipsticks. Rimmel & Illamasqua

I love the thought of wearing a gothic, dark, red or purple lipstick out and about, but the thought of it previously has petrified me!  Don’t get me wrong – I absolutely adore wearing bright orange reds and neon pinks whilst out and feel confident whilst doing so, but there is something about a dark red that scares me a little.  I am simply not confident enough and am scared of people thinking ‘ohh looorrddy what does she look like!?’.

Recently, however, I have acquired two dark purple based red lippies which I love too much to just let sit in a drawer, so much so, that I’ve been wearing them around the house to try and gear myself up for wearing them outside.  You can see swatches and read mini reviews below!

IMG_0446

Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick in #107
KATEMOSS
Kate Moss is releasing five new matte lipstick this Autumn (Oct 3rd to be precise) with Rimmel, and this is one of them.  When I first saw this lippie I dismissed it as being ‘not very me’, but once I actually started playing with it, I have fallen in love.  Most matte lipsticks can be super drying on the lips and show up any imperfections, this however is perfect.  The texture is creamy and applies on the lips like a dream and is surprisingly hydrating for a matte lipstick.  The colour is a deep red plum (it’s a little darker and more purple in real life than in the photograph above – see swatches at the bottom of this post for a more accurate colour swatch) and looks super glam and sophisticated.  For £5.49, this is an absolute bargain.

Illamasqua Lipstick in Magnetism from Generation Q Collection
ILLAMASWUA Next up is Magnetism, which was launched by Illamasqua in the Generation Q range.  Again, first thoughts I wasn’t so sure, but after wearing Rimmel’s, I was determined to be able to wear this too.  The texture of this lipstick is completely different to the Rimmel one, but the colour is almost identical.  This lipstick has a glossy sheen to it, which makes it easy to wear, look sexy and makes the lips look fuller.  The packaging is classic Illamasqua in a square like casing which I adore.  This retails for £16, which is pricey – but a great quality lippie.

COMPARISION What I think

Both of these lipsticks are absolutely gorgeous and are both of such a good quality, I would recommend them both. I think I prefer the matte look a little more, as it is a little less gothic, but regardless I am still really looking forward to wearing these out and about!

What do you think about Dark Plum lipsticks?  Do these suit me?  Do you wear dark red’s out and about?

xxxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment