How to: DIY Chocolate Face Mask!

For the last few weeks I have been trying out something a little different, all in the name of research for my blog!  I have been trialling and testing out DIY at home beauty regimes and products and getting dirty in ingredients from my kitchen to see if they really work better than  products you splash out in on the high street.

Over the next few weeks I will be revealing my results from: a DIY avocado, honey & olive oil hair mask, an olive oil & aloe vera water makeup remover, a honey & sugar body scrub, but first up we have a chocolate face mask!

I have acne prone skin and because of this I don’t like using face masks on my skin in case of irritation, however I found a chocolate face mask recipe online which seemed too fun to not try.  Chocolate is good for dry skin (which I also have) so I decided to give it a go.

choc

You can watch my video below to see exactly how to make it, how to apply and what the results were!

How to make:
Ingredients: 100g (3.5oz) dark chocolate, ½ a pint (1 cup) of milk, 3 tbsp salt

Method:
o Add salt to the milk, stir until salt dissolves
o Put a heat proof bowl over a pan ¼ full of water on a medium heat. Make sure the bowl isn’t touching the water.
o Break up the chocolate into the bowl, and stir until it melts. Once melted take the bowl off the heat.
o Add the salty milk mixture to the melted choc and stir in.
o Cover your shoulders with a towel so you don’t get chocolate all over your clothes
o Apply face mask while it is still warm (but not burning hot) to your face with a wooden stick or hands.
o Leave mask on for 15 mins before washing off with warm water.

Will you be trying my DIY Chocolate Face Mask out? 

Stay tuned for my DIY Hair Mask, Makeup Remover and Body Scrub videos!

P.S I went onto Pixiwoo’s Body Talk show to chat to the girls about the experiments I have been doing, I’ll of course put up the video when it goes live!

xxxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment