Essie – Sexy Divide, Exotic Liras & Bordeaux Swatches!

Many of you will know by now that 2012 marked the launch of Essie in Boots and Superdrug.  I was thrilled when I heard this news (see here) and am glad they have made the range more accessible to us in the UK.  I have a few of the old Essie polishes, but with their new diffusion line comes a new brush which makes applying the polish much easier!  

I have three Essie shades to show you today, I hope you like the look of them as much as I do!

ESSIE 1
Sexy Divide – This is such a stunning nail polish and very easy to wear all year round in my opinion.  It’s a deep purple shade which shimmers in the light and almost has a blue two-tone effect.  The only polish I have like this in my collection is Barry M’s Vivid Purple, but it is no way near as beautiful as this! 

essie 2 
Exotic Liras – This was so hard to get a photograph of as the colour is so gorgeous in real life, but photographs not at all like it’s actual potential.  In a lot of photographs this looks red, but it is actually a deep fuchsia pink.  I think this is a great way to add a bit of colour to your outfit in the summer whilst maintaining maturity and not looking too young and girly.

essie 3 
Bordeaux – I am not completely convinced about this nail polish.  I love the colour, which I’d describe as a red wine, but it appears quite sheer on the nail and I’m not a fan – I like my nails to be completely covered by a colour but with this I can still vaguely make out the tips of my nails underneath.  I think it also looks a little streaky in the photographs above.

I have a few more Essie swatches coming up soon so check back for those!  The Essie polishes retail at £7.99 in Boots & Superdrug.

What is your favourite Essie shade?  Do any of these catch your eye?

xxxxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment