MAC Full Coverage Foundation Review

I have been using this cream foundation for the past 6 months or so and it is LOVE!  I don’t know why I hadn’t reviewed it sooner!  For the past four years I had been using the MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC15 as my concealer/foundation.  Obviously, as the pot is so small, I got through so many of them and was on the look out for something similar but bigger.  I had previously tried the liquid MAC Studio Fix Foundation (here) but even though it was NC15, it was way too dark and orange on me. 

In the MAC Pro store (just off Carnaby Street) I noticed the full coverage foundation and instantly knew I had to have it.  I have been using it ever since and it is perfect for me.

MAC FULL COVERAGEMAC FULL COVERAGE 2 

full coverage FULL COVERAGE 2

COLOUR – This colour is pretty much perfect for my pale skin, which is very rare for me!

COVERAGE – As the name suggests, this really is full coverage – it covers absolutely any flaws on my face, including blemishes, redness, uneven skin tone, dark circles etc.  As I do tend to get a lot of blemishes this coverage is perfect for me.

FORMULA/FINISH – This foundation is a cream and so can be quite thick and cakey if you don’t apply it properly.  I use my Real Techniques Buffing Brush (or my Sigma duo fibre brush) to buff this into the skin so it doesn’t look to thick.  Also because it is a cream it does enhance dry skin (so moisturize well before hand).  I find that applying it with my fingers works really well also, so you don’t end up looking too cakey.

PRICE – I can’t remember the exact price of this foundation but I think it is around £25 and you get 28grams of product.  I think this is good for the size – I’ve been using it for around 6 months and I still haven’t reached the bottom of the pan.

SPF – This doesn’t include any SPF which is disappointing, but I wear a moisturizer with an SPF in daily anyway.

What I think – I would really recommend this to anyone who has acne or are self conscious of blemishes as this will cover them up.  I have never had a foundation like this before which completely perfects my skin before, it is my new holy grail, go to foundation product.  Don’t get me wrong, I still use my L’Oreal infallible foundation for days when I don’t feel like I need too much coverage, but for special occasions or nights out I will always use this!

The only downside to this foundation is that it is a Pro product, meaning it is only available in MAC Pro stores so it isn’t easily accessible for everyone. 

What is your favourite MAC foundation?

xxxxx

P.S Pictures above are not edited at all – my skin really does look that airbrushed with just this foundation alone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment