Anti-aging products – Initial Thoughts!

QVC recently got in touch and asked whether I wanted to test out some of the products from a category in their Customer Beauty Awards and I said yes!  I chose the anti-aging category because now more than ever, I am very into skincare and treating it properly whilst I’m young, to help it age more healthily and gracefully.

I thought I’d give you my initial thoughts on the four products before the live show on QVC tomorrow night where they will be announcing the winner!

158148

Sarah Chapman Overnight Facial – This looks and feels super expensive, with a swanky bottle and pump.  I thought this would be a cream but in actual fact it’s a very pungent oil (it almost smells like men’s musk perfume) to me.  It’s packed with vitamins, omega oils, peptides and more to leave your skin refreshed and radiant.  Despite being an oil, it sinks in nicely leaving no residue.

Alpha H Liquid Gold – This was obviously the product I was most looking forward to trying as it is a firm favourite of a lot of bloggers.  I have been using this on alternate evenings before bed and when I awake my skin looks plump and firm.  My skin is also ridiculously soft after using this, making makeup glide on smoothly!

Decleor Aromessence Iris Rejuvenating Serum - This is the another oil based serum which smells highly of essential oils.  I really like that it’s 100% natural and free from mineral oils and preservatives but it is pricey!  I’ve also heard that essential oils aren’t great for acne-prone skin which mine is, so I might just stick to using this on my neck and décolletage.

Perricone MD Concentrated Restorative Treatment – This night cream is packed with high levels of Vitamin C which helps promote radiant skin and helps to minimise discolouration (which I do have a slight problem with).  It apparently also helps lessen the appearance of wrinkles.  I’m going to pass this on to Mummy Snooks to try out as I know she loves using thick night creams.

My prediction: I think Alpha H should win here – it’s the most affordable of the bunch and the one with the most obvious and immediate results, however I know the others have a large following too so it’s a tough one!

As I said earlier, the winner will be announced on QVC tomorrow evening at 7pm but I’m planning to give these all a full test (with Mummy Snooks!) and possibly review my favs in greater detail after a few months of testing.

Do you use any anti-aging products?  What’s your favourite?

xxxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment