2013 Favourites: Face & Base Products!


At the start of every year I try and write a list of my favourite products from the last.  I'm not gonna lie - it's a difficult job as I'm the world's worst decision maker and have so many favourite products so this took me a while to get together, but it's finally here!

I've decided to spilt my favourites into 5 categories; hair, skin, face, lips & eyes and have chosen 5 of my favourite products in each category.  So first up, Face & Base!



Nars Sheer Glow: I honestly can’t remember what I foundation I used before this came into my life.  I wear the shade Siberia which took me ages to hunt down as it’s the palest shade and seemed to be sold out in all stores, but I haven’t stopped wearing it since I got my hands on it.  It gives me the most even complexion and isn’t heavy at all, despite being medium coverage.  You can read my full review on this foundation with before and after pictures here - Nars Sheer Glow Review!

Collection Concealer: This is the best concealer I have ever used. End of.  For under £5 this does an incredible job of hiding even the nastiest of spots.  I have been through about 6 tubes of this in 2013 and predict will get through many more in 2014.

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder: This powder does a great job for under £3.  It mattifies my skin and is really easy to find on the highstreet.  Only negative is that it doesn’t include a mirror!

MAC Melba Blusher:  I have had this blusher for an awfully long time now but 2013 saw it being dusted off and making a regular appearance in my makeup bag.  This shade suits my pale skin perfectly and leaves me looking delightfully blushed!

Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Hollow:  I had my eye on this for a long time before I finally took the plunge and added it to my Illamasqua online basket.  As a cream pigment, it can be used in a variety of ways but I like to use it to contour my cheekbones.  It’s a buildable cream and can also be used as an eyeshadow base.  Thumbs up from me!

I'll be posting the rest of my favourites over the course of the next week and will be posting a video on my channel also, so stay tuned to see my other top picks!

What were your favourite base products of 2013?

xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment