Illasmasqua Imperfection Collection Review!

Illamasqua, the brand who never fail to impress me and make me look at makeup differently, have just launched their new Spring 2013 range, named I’mPerfection. The I’mperfection range was developed to celebrate those little imperfections which are covered, airbrushed and hidden in beauty advertising nowadays. Illamasqua want us to embrace our freckles, moles, birthmarks, scars – they make us a part of us and so why hide them!

illamasqua imperfection collection
illamasqua blusher beauty blog 2
illamasqua blusher beauty blog
illamasqua imperfection lipstick
illamasqua imperfection nail polish
illamasqua speckled polish

First up I’d like to mention the Speckled nail polishes which are limited edition and available for £14.50.  These babies have already had a lot of attention whilst on my nails as they are so unique yet attractive (and yes, they do definitely remind me of mini-eggs, which is never a bad thing!).  These polishes are supposed to symbolize freckles, every nail you paint with the polish will be different and unique, just like freckles and fingerprints!

Illamasqua have also introduced the Blush Up Brush (for £28.50).  As soon as I spotted this I knew I would be a big fan and it has pretty much replaced all blusher brushes in my collection.  This brush is oval shaped and the hairs are so dense it picks up a lot product in one tap.  The idea is to touch this along your cheekbone and then sweep the powder up (instead of circles that leave you with ‘doughnut shaped clown cheeks’).  The works superbly well to define my cheekbones and for that I love it. 

Three different Powder Blush Duo’s have been released (for £26 each).  The palette pictured above includes a bright orange shade called Lover and an almost neon pink named Hussy.  These shades can be used together along with the Blush Up Brush to create an almost gradient like effect blusher, or individually for gorgeous flushes of colour.

Also in the range is a bright, neon pink, matte lipstick named ‘Immodest' (£16) this shade is stunning and perfect for this Spring/Summer, although as it is matte it is ever so slightly on the dry side.  A new Intense Lipgloss in a bright, vivid green shade has been released (£14) as well as a Precision Ink in both white and black (£17 each) which can be used to create an almost feathered eyeliner look.

I absolutely adore Illamasqua and this collection certainly didn’t fail to inspire me (I almost wish I had a beauty spot on my face which I could work with and emphasize!).  As usual, I left the launch of the Spring collection thinking ‘what on earth will Illamasqua do next?’ and the truth is, is that whatever it is, I can’t wait!

Will you be divulging in some I’mPerfection products?  What do you think about embracing imperfections?

xxxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment