August Favourites!

I’m currently away on holiday (just chilling in the South of France) but still wanted to get my August Favourites up for you this month.  As usual, I also filmed a video to go alongside this post about why exactly I’ve chosen out these particular products as my monthly favs!

august favourites thummbnail
AUGUST FAVS

August Favs!


NARS Sheer Glow Foundation – I have already reviewed this foundation here, and it’s definitely been my most reached more base product of the month.  I adore the medium, buildable, silky texture of this foundation, which leaves my skin looking natural yet flawless.  I have the shade Siberia which is the ideal match for my ghostly pale skin.

Real Techniques Duo-Fibre Brushes – I can’t tell you how much I have been loving these brushes.  I found them quite difficult to use at first but once you get the hang of it, they change how I’ve been applying makeup.  As the bristles on these brushes are quite sparse and not dense at all, they buff the smallest amount of product into your skin for the most flawless, airbrushed finish.  I love the powder & contour ones for creating the perfect base!  Review post of these brushes will be coming up shortly!

Rituals Fortune Oil in Sweet Orance & Cedar Wood – I’m normally super boring in the bath, just using a ‘female’ shower gel to wash with, but ever since the launch of the Rituals ‘Buddha’ range I’ve switched up my products.  This shower oil is just gorgeous, leaving my bathroom smelling lovely and also leaving me silky soft.  It is also so good at shaving with!

Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Desperation – Last month all I wore was liquid liner, but I’ve got back into eye shadow in August and this has been my most used.  Desperation is a grey-taupe toned shadow which looks stunning in the crease on my eye.  I was wearing this in my July Favourites video just in case you were wondering!

L’Oreal Super Liners in GelMatic Taupe and Liquid in Black -  I think I’ve found a new favourite range of eyeliners (please note this is a BIG deal for an eyeliner fanatic like me)!  I wear liner daily and these two products have not left my makeup bag all month.  The first is the L’Oreal GelMatic liner in Taupe which I love to wear smudged underneath my lower lash line.  The shade is identical to my favourite eyeshadow shade in the HD Brows palette (watch favourites video for comparison) and really brings out the blue of my eyes.  Second is the eye liner, which has the softest, thinest brush which allows perfect liquid liner application.  If you’re  a liquid liner virgin then I think this will really help you get the hang of it!  Also, these two are so affordable and easily accessible on the highstreet!

My favourite Summer tunes this month have been – Fever House by Whisky Jax,  Selena Gomez – Come & Get it and Naughty Boy – La La La! 
I’ve also just started reading Kiss me First by Lottie Moggach which is good so far.  I’ve also downloaded Tampa by Alissa Nutting and The Shadow Year by Hannah Richell on my Acer Tablet to read on holiday.

I hope you are all well!  I’m filming a little blog whilst being away so let me know if you’d like to see it and maybe a holiday post when I’m back?  Lots of love!

What have been your favourite products this month?
Katie xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment