Illamasqua Sacred Hour Collection Review & FOTD!

Everytime Illamasqua release a new collection, I absolutely can’t wait to see what they have in store for us.  Not only is the makeup very obviously beautiful, but there is always some fantastic meaning and conceptual idea behind the range, which I love to lap up.  For this A/W, Illamasqua are back with the Sacred Collection. 

ILLAMASQA SACRED collection
illamasqua sacred lookillamasqua sacred look2ILLAMASQUA3ILLAMASQUA4
ILLAMASQA SACRED collection2 

The Sacred Hour Collection is inspired by two important parts to the day; the sacred hours of dawn and dusk.  This collection allows us to ‘embrace our inner warriors, enhance our features and express our inner fire and strenghth.  I had an incredible chat with Alex Box (Illamasqua’s Creative Director and a personal hero of mine) about the range, and we ended up discussing the notions of ideal beauty, and what it is.  Why do we feel insecure if our makeup has smudged a little, it shows that we have got through the day (each day makes us stronger) and those little imperfections make us, us.  It’s all about self-reflection, appreciation & empowerment, ladies! 

Firstly, I’m going to talk about  Shard, the blood redish purple lipstick which I can’t get enough of it.  It can be applied heavily for a dark, pigmented lip, or can be patted on and built up to create a sexy ‘just bitten’ look, which makeup artist Alex Box adores.  I love the idea of wearing a lipstick which looks like I’ve just had a passionate snog round the back of the building (so naughty) and this lippie does just this.

Next up, the New Reflection Palette which made my eyes light up like a magpie.  This contains 4 creamy, silky shadows which are light which makes them a dream to blend and layer up.  In the photo above I used the lightest shade to cover my entire eye, and then pended up Acute (the ash taupe) in the crease of my eye.  The look is simple but up close it’s mesmerising (and quite literally dazzling).
I also have to rave about the Velvet Blusher, Peaked, described as a Dusky Rose, I would never have looked twice at it but it’s the only blusher I’ve been wearing over the past week.  It adds the most gorgeous, mature blush of colour to my cheeks.

Finally in the range are false lashes (and bloody big ones at that, as well as two nail polishes (I have Hemlock above, a pale opal green shade which looks stunning layered over darker shades).
The Sacred Hour Collection is out now from Illamasqua stores & stands!

Do you have your eye on anything in this collection?

Katie xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment