Cover FX Cream Foundation Before & After Review!

I recently popped along to an event to celebrate the launch of Cover FX’s new fall products.  They have recently repackaged and reformulated a few of their base products, in particular their Total Cover Cream Foundations and Powder Foundations and have extended the shade range to include an impressive 28 shades, so there will be a perfect match for everyone!

After being matched up to the Total Cover Cream Foundation and having been testing it for a good few weeks, I thought I would show you before and after shots with the foundation to show you how good it really is! 

coverfxfoundation
COVERFXBEFOREAFTER
COVRFXBEFOREAFTER2
(sorry for the horrid before shots, I’ve been super run down lately and have been drinking too much alcohol and milky hot chocolate, giving me terrible skin!).

As normal, I will review the product in the specific categories that I most rate foundations for!

Colour: The colour range is amazing and there are even two shades lighter than me available.  I am an N20 in this foundation although I think in the winter I could probably do with a little lighter.  There are three colour categories: N which is neutral skin tones, G which is golden tones and P which is pink tones – there really is a shade for everyone.  I urge you to go and check the other shades out.

Formula/Texture: This is a thick and creamy cream which has a full coverage when applied on the face.  You can build this up to have more coverage in particular places on bad skin.  I love how this looks on my skin although I do find my skin gets quite oily through the day so it doesn’t last as long as I’d hoped. 

Price: I personally think this quite expensive at £37.  I do think it will last a while as you don’t need to use much, but still I’d tag this as a luxurious product.  The results however are pretty incredible so it may be worth it to some people?

SPF: Contains SPF30 which is perfect for all year round!

Extras:  Packaging is good, contains a mirror and a little sponge to apply, which is hidden under a flap underneath the cream, although I prefer using a brush so I think its a little unnecessary.

What I think – I obviously really, really do love this foundation – it has an incredible coverage and lasts pretty well on the skin although I definitely think I need a shade lighter.  For £37, I’m not positive I would purchase it again, but probably only because it is so similar to my favourite foundation which is MAC’s full coverage (review here).  I would highly recommend this to girls with blemished and acne prone skin as it does a tremendous job of concealing  imperfections!

This foundation is available to purchase from the Harvey Nichs website!

What’s your favourite high coverage foundation?  Are you tempted to try this?

xxxxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment