A single girl’s guide for feeling sexy this Valentines day!

So, in all of the past three years whilst writing this blog, I have never had a man to call my own on Valentines day… crazy huh?  The last time I spent Valentines day with a boyfriend I must have been 19 (pretty sure we spent it eating pot noodles, big bars of chocolate and watching films – perfect in my eyes, ha!).  So I have never, ever written a blog post about valentines day.
This year, yes, I am still single (but perfectly happy with that, I’m actually quite enjoying myself!) I have decided to dedicate vday to the most important person in my life – me!  I have chosen a few little things that will perk me up and make me feel special, sexy and gorgeous on the day! 
Jan new products 192VDAY
In my life there are four things that make me feel on top of the world, they are – sexy lingerie, perfume, a good lipstick and of course chocolate!
First up, I’ll be wearing either one of my new fabulous (and incredibly sexy) bra’s from Simply Beach.  On vday itself I’ll most likely be seeing my favourite ever girlfriends after work for some cocktail fun, but knowing that I’m wearing irresistible underwear under my clothes will definitely make me feel confident and cheeky.  These two bras were super affordable (around £20 each) and of high quality.  The purple one (link)  is by Elle Macpherson and I absolutely adore it - it looks great against my super pale skin.  Whilst browsing the Simply Beach site I realised that Elle Macpherson has some beautiful pieces of lingerie available, I’d recommend checking them out (here!)!  The black lace bra (here) has become my new favourite cleavage inducing bra (I’m favouring it over my wonderbra’s at the mo!). 
Perfume is a ridiculously easy way to feel mysterious, dark and confident, depending on finding the right scent for you.  There’s no room for anything too sweet or fruity on vday - if you want to feel sexy, go the full hog and find something which screams sophistication and glamour.  I adore Estee Lauder’s Sensous perfume which is woody, warm and sophisticated, containing notes of warm amber, pepper, sandalwood, honey and jasmine.  If Sensous smells too mature for you, you can’t go wrong with one of my favourite perfumes, Miss Dior Cherie.  This fragrance starts of sweet and fresh with citrus notes, when then develops into floral, then into elegance with patchouli and musk.  I find this a really easy perfume to wear.
A slick of red lippie always makes me feel attractive and sexy so I’ll be reaching for either shade #10 or #15 in the new Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipsticks (full swatches here).  Finally, you can’t beat a bit of chocolate to make you happy!  I prefer galaxy so will definitely be indulging in one of these on the day.
I know this post is slightly different to the ones I usually do but I enjoyed writing it!  Hope it inspired ‘alllll ma singlleee laddiess’ to join in on the quest to feel sexy with me this Vday. 
What will you be doing on Valentines Day?  What makes you feel sexy?
xxxx
EDIT: I spoke too soon, I now have a date for Vday…!

0 comments:

Post a Comment