Current Makeup Bag Favourites #2

I’m back again with my second ‘Makeup bag Favourites’ feature (part 1 here)!  I’ve been swapping up my daily makeup product lots over the past few weeks.  As I want to cut down on how much eyeliner I wear I’ve been searching for products which will enhance my eyes without being overly dark or heavy.

MAKUP BAG FAVOURITES 1
CURRENT MAKEUP BAG FAVS 2

Estee Lauder Shadow Paints in Pink Zinc – I’ve been experimenting with cream eyeshadows a lot recently and the one I’ve been using most is the new Shadow Cream in Pink Zinc by Estee Lauder.  This works as a really nice base for eyeshadows and adds a hint of golden pink on my eyes.

Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation in Ivory – I’m always on the hunt for the perfect foundation and I recently stumbled across this by Benefit.  I’ve never used a Benefit foundation before but this is a good’un.  Although the shade is a little too dark for my skin, it still blends in really well and doesn’t leave me feeling too cakey.  I want to do a full review with before & after pics on this soon, stay tuned!

Rimmel Apocalips in Luna – You all know how much I love my holy grail lipstick which is Sleek Makeup’s Barely There lippie, right?  Well I didn’t touch it once throughout January as I was too busy wearing this bad boy.  Luna is the most perfect peachy pink shade for my lips.  I love everything about Rimmel’s Apocalips, I urge you all to go and try them!  You can see my full post on them here - http://www.katiesbeautyblog.com/2012/12/rimmel-apocalips-swatches-review.html

Pixi Natural Brow Duo – Doing my brows every morning has become a pleasure after finding this product.  On one end there is a natural (one colour suits all) brow stick and on the other is a little brow gel wand.  The shade of this brow crayon is perfect for my mousey brown brows and the tinted brow gel helps to set my brows in place all day.

Collection 2000 Concealer – This is my go to daily product now for concealing any imperfections or blemishes.  I absolutely can’t stress how much I adore this concealer, it’s price, it’s shade, the way it makes my skin look glowing and dewy.  It’s love!

L’Oreal Volume Million Lashes – I ran out of my trusty Max Factor’s False Lash Effect mascara recently so I had to dig around to find another to replace it.  I dug this out from the depths of my unused makeup stash and have been using it ever since.  This mascara lenghtens my lashes, leaving them long and neat and best of all, without clumps!

Rimmel Scandaleyes in #004 Taupe – As I said earlier I’m trying to ween myself off of the black eyeliner.  This has been a great replacement so far, I use it on my waterline and I smudge it along my lower lash line so create a less harsh smokey eye.

Dr Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips – My lips have really been suffering this winter and this has done a good job of repairing them.  This is a thick, clear gel which is really hard until warmed up.  I hate the smell of this, it’s vile, but I will keep using it just because it’s really makes my lips feel soft.

Japonesque Lash Curler – This travel sized lash curler now travels everywhere with me in my makeup bag.  It somehow manages to reach all of my lashes and curls them perfectly.

FAVOURITE songs of late – I never really talk about music much on my blog but I am a big music fan.  I was recently introduced to two great songs by a guy (oh la la) so I thought I’d pop them here in case anyone is after some new tunes!  They are proper summer-y songs, so enjoy!

The Neighbourhood–Sweater Weather
Dan Croll–From Nowhere

What products and music have you been loving recently?

xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment