January 2013 Favourites!

Hey you lovely lot!  Thought I’d show you my favourite products from the month of January 2013!  I’ve discovered a load of pretty incredible products this month so I hope you enjoy this!

Jan new products 264

Pixi Early Bird Palette – I can’t resist a good palette and this is the one I have been reaching for the most over the past month.  It includes 20 beautiful eyeshadows (including a variety of matte & shimmer textures), 2 bronzers, a highlighter and 3 blushers.  It’s super skinny & light so it is perfect for travelling with and best of all, it’s only £16!  I really adore Pixi products (I could spend hours in their Carnaby Street Store just playing with their products)!

VO5 Give Me Texture Instant Oomph Powder – My hair is getting really quite long now and so I find I need to pay more attention to the roots to stop the whole appearance looking too ‘flat’.  This little powder gives my roots the loveliest boost and texture.  It’s quite a weird formula, it’s a powder which you sprinkle onto your roots and then message in, and it temporarily turns into an almost wet texture but then dries quickly leaving you with volume.  This does make my hair feel dirty, but I find my hair looks even better on the second day of wearing it so try this out!

Clinique Take the Day off Makeup Remover – I was chatting to the incredible Pixiwoo girls, Sam & Nic the other day about how I’m worried I’m giving myself premature wrinkles by using baby wipes to tug and remove my eye makeup with.  They suggested using an oil makeup remover, which should be more gentle on my eyes.  I went home, had a rummage and found a bottle of this and I’ve been using it ever since.  This does such an incredible good of removing even the heaviest makeup in one sweep (I soak a cotton pad in it, hold it on my eye for 10-15 seconds and then remove).  My skin also feels incredibly soft after using this.

Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate – I had never used a Kiehls skin care product until this month and now I’m so glad I was introduced to the range.  This serum is wonder in a little bottle – I use it on my face one or twice a week and my skin looks plump and glowing the next morning.  best of all, it hasn’t given me any blemishes as of yet which is rare!  I really look forward to using this product now and it’s become a favourite in my regime.

Coconut Oil (in a jam jar, given to me by my best friend) – I recently had a sleepover with my best friend Alex and whilst snuggling with some earl grey tea (we know how to parttty, ha!) he told me all about this new miracle product he has been using – pure coconut oil!  He gave me some to try out (in a jam jar) and I’ve been using it regularly through out the month.  This is the most incredible multiuse product I have come across in a long time – it makes the most beautiful moisturizer as it literally melts on to the skin leaving you soft but not greasy, but also can be used as a hair oil, cuticle balm and you can even eat a teaspoon a day to get lots of its many benefits!  I want to write a full post up about this soon as it’s great! 

Billion Dollar Brows Brow Powder in Taupe – Throughout January I’ve been reaching for this little pot of brow powder to fill my brows in.  There’s not much to say other than it’s the perfect shade for my dark mousy brown brows and that it looks really natural once on.  I’ve also been trying this out as eye shadow and it also works well!

The Perfume Lover by Denyse Beaulieu – Book of the month has to be this!  I have always wanted to create my own perfume and this book has already (I’m half way through it’s 300 pages) taught me so much about fragrance, the history of it, what smells do what etc.  It’s a novel, narrated by a perfume critic, but her story stops and starts a lot to tell you about fragrances.  This book just makes me want to go to Libertys or Selfridges and smell perfumes all day.  If you’re interested in fragrances too then I do recommend it, although it isn’t a quick read, it’s packed full of olfatory detail which you will miss if not paid much attention to.

I really hope you enjoyed this post and reading what I’ve been loving throughout the past month.  I’m hoping to make this a regular feature on my blog, so let me know if you enjoyed it!

What were your favourite products in January?  Have you tried any of the above?

xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment