March Favourites 2013

Here today with a very quick March favourites!

104
100

March 2013 favs!

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation – I’ve been reaching for this foundation quite a bit over March and I really like it.  I do have terrible skin at the moment but this provides a natural, medium coverage which is buildable.  I still wear concealer & powder over the top, but I like the finish of this foundation and the colour isn’t too dark for me either!  I have a full review of this coming soon, with before and after pictures!

Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume Mascara – This mascara does a faaabulous job of making my eyelashes look super sexy and defined.  Although it is expensive for a mascara, I would definitely repurchase as I really like the way it lengthens my lashes without making them clumpy!

Smashbox Long Wear Mega Tint by Mimosa – I’ve been fully embracing the peach lip look throughout March and this baby has helped me to do that!  This is a long lasting lip shade; it has a slightly odd formula, it applies like a liquid on the lips but dries to a lipstick.  It’s love!

Wonder Oil – I adore multi-purpose products and this is fast becoming one of my favourites.  I’ve used this citrusy smelling oil  as a bath oil, hair oil and body oil and I really adore it.  I have a full post coming up on this soon so stay tuned!

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser – A bit of a long story here; I went to my GP early March about my acne as it’s been really getting me down, making me self conscious and it’s generally been really bad!  He prescribed me a cream called Epiduo (if it turns out to work I’ll let y’all know) and gave me a leaflet on how to use it.  Acne creams dry your skin out, full stop, and the leaflet recommended using Cetpahil products to wash and moisturize with, so I went out and brought them!  I really like this cleanser; it doesn’t remove makeup (you need another wash to do that) but it does leave my skin clean and not tight at all.   I’ll write this up a full review of this soon too!

The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera – I fell in love with this book as soon as I started reading it and it has made it’s way into my Top 5 Fav books.  This is a story set in Prague, in 1970s-80s and is heavily focused on the lives of four main characters in the Communist period.  It mainly follows the story of Tomas and Teresa, and their relationship (Tomas is a doctor and also cheats; has many mistresses).  I find it really difficult to describe this book (or sell it to you in any sort) but it’s very philosophical and also contains a loottta sex. 
I’ll leave you with a quote from the book
“When we want to give expression to a dramatic situation in our lives, we tend to use metaphors of heaviness. We say that something has become a great burden to us. We either bear the burden or fail and go down with it, we struggle with it, win or lose. And Sabina - what had come over her? Nothing. She had left a man because she felt like leaving him. Had he persecuted her? Had he tried to take revenge on her? No. Her drama was a drama not of heaviness but of lightness. What fell to her lot was not the burden, but the unbearable lightness of being.”

What products have you been loving throughout March?  Read any good books recently?

xxxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment