Mint Ottoman, Mint Shorts.

I'm bringing you guys a little combo post today... A little decor and a little ootd action.

Basically since the new closet made it's debut in my Closet Tour video, I had been eyeing the big empty space in the middle of the room...


Well, almost empty. ;)

I knew it needed something. A little island of drawers and some counter space for accessories maybe? A big ottoman? I knew I had to decide between the two because there definitely wouldn't be room for both.  There were pros to each choice. I had no idea which to choose so I kind of chose neither for a while. I knew either choice would be an expensive choice so I kind of decided to sleep on it. For a month.
Which really ended up working out perfectly because once I actually used the space for a month, the decision was clear. 
Ottoman it would be.

Why? Because I found myself needing a place to sit when putting on shoes and a place to lay out outfits while I picked them out. But mostly so that the floor wouldn't catch my things. Because I would NEVER throw clothes on the floor....   
Ok, it happens sometimes.

Anyway, I found the PERFECT one at one of my favorite home decor websites right now, LuluandGeorgia.com.  It's the perfect size, perfect color, and it feels really nicely made.  I'm glad I went with a fun color (it also comes in navy and beige). It really brings some life to the space. 

So since I promised you all that I would spill ALL the details as soon as I found the perfect piece, here it goes!



I love the size of it. It's very narrow, almost bench-like, however, the fluffy pillowtop layer on top gives it some softness. It's lightweight and sits on casters, so I can scoot it around the carpet easily if it needs to be moved. The genius of this?? I still have room for an island of drawers if I ever need them! I could just sit the ottoman in front of it right up against it. It's just the perfect piece for this space and I'm so in love!


Check out the pretty piping... The color reminds me almost of a Tiffany blue. Love.

So what's with my recent Lulu & Georgia obsession? You may remember my gorg rug I purchased a few weeks ago that completed the foyer...
I'll do a full post on the foyer soon since it's one area that sort of quickly came together. I'll definitely share all the rooms eventually!
Ugh, this rug is amazing. It's the Sabine rug
Anyway, I love the eclectic mix of modern, traditional, and glamorous items they carry. Very much my style, which I'd describe as a huge mash-up of pretty things I like. ;)

The gorgeous mint color of the ottoman is amazing and I definitely couldn't be happier with it!

Speaking of gorgeous mint colors... I noticed while taking some shots of the new ottoman that I had coincidentally selected shorts of the same color for that day's look. 

Mint is definitely one of (if not my fav) colors for Spring!
Here's a quick OOTD for ya.


I LOVE how a simple pair of shorts in a fun color can make an otherwise super simple outfit pop and look pulled-together.


Top: LNA, Shorts: J. Crew, Belt: Forever 21, Bag: Tory Burch, Shoes, Tory Burch, Necklace: Stella & Dot (Rebel Pendant), 



Oh, and Waylon totally approves.



0 comments:

Post a Comment