My Self-Tanning Routine! St. Tropez Mousse Tutorial

Over the past few years as a fair-skinned gal, I definitely haven't been about looking majorly "tan". I look back at photos of my high school and college days and absolutely CRINGE. I definitely should have embraced my pale-ness and maybe stepped it up a few shades for a bit of a bronze glow. But wow... looking cooked and fake baked is never a good look. Although at the time, I'm sure I thought it was amazing. Tanning beds should be against the law, just saying.

Oh well, you live and you learn. For me, I have a history of skin cancer in my family. So for years, I've taken my skin's health very seriously and gotten skin cancer screenings every 6 months. I cannot tell you how many biopsies and small surgeries I've had on "abnormal" moles.
Countless. I'm serious.
For me, I don't have moles that are raised. Just what appear to be flat "freckles" that are a bit darker. Those are the ones my dermatologist takes seriously because of my history, and the fact that some of mine haven't been "harmless".

So after going through that, I never UV tan. Totally not worth it. Plus, I like the idea of keeping my skin young-looking. So self-tanners are the way to go.
My issue is that I HATE applying them. They always stain my clothes and look unnatural in a few days.

Praise goodness I've found one that works perfectly for me! I'm so excited to share it with you guys!



Here are the products I use for a flawless and natural-looking faux glow:

St Tropez Bronzing Mousse
St Tropez Application Mitt (You NEEED the Mitt. Trust me on this.)
Jergens Natural Glow Revitalizing Daily Moisturizer (Revitalizing Formula) Medium-Tan shade
Jergens Natural Glow SPF 20 Facial Moisturizer in Medium-Tan
(Pre-tan: Nivea Express Hydration)

Because self-tanning can be tricky, I decided that rather than describe how to apply it (which can lead to trouble where this topic is concerned), I'd actually SHOW you. To see how I apply these and for all my tips, check out my video tutorial below!




What are YOUR favorite self-tanning products??

0 comments:

Post a Comment