ckone Powder Eyeshadow Quad in #810 Smoking

When I first laid eyes upon this palette, it was love at first sight and I couldn’t wait to try it out.  Fast forward a month an after having tried it a few times, I can now tell you what I really think!

ckonepalette ckonepalette2ckone

I definitely have a thing for blue and silver eye shadows (which explains my initial attraction to the palette), but complete with a subtle white powder and matte black shade, this made for the absolute perfect combination.  However, after swatching the blue just isn’t as fabulous as it appears in the pan.  I was expecting it to be a lot brighter and more intense and pigmented, but I had to instead layer up the product to get the above swatch on my arm. 

The silver shade is stunning – it reminds me of a mermaids tail (not that I’ve actually ever seen one) but the powder itself is a little chunky with all the glitter it contains; it does however make for a gorgeous bit of glamour and sparkle.  The black and white are great – both pigmented and soft to apply. 

I used the palette to create the above look.  First I applied the white shadow all over my eye, up to the brow bone.  I then used the black and silver in the crease of my eye, to create an almost grungy look.  I also smudged the blue shade underneath my lash line for a twist on a smokey eye.   Finally I used liquid liner to create a flick on my top lash line and went over it with the black shadow, finishing with mascara!

This palette retails at £25, which is pricey for four eye shadows in my opinion, but the colour selection is too gorgeous to resist.  ckone cosmetics retail in Debenhams stores!

Do you like the look of this palette?  What is your favourite eye shadow combinations?

xxxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment