MAC Marilyn Monroe Collection: SWATCHES


I think when people see this collection, they need to take it for what it is. A collection based totally on Marilyn Monroe. Does it have crazy, out-there colors? No. Is it red-lipstick-heavy? Yes. More neutral eye shadows? Yep.  But what I love is that it has just the right amount of sparkle. Dazzleglasses, frosted formulas, red lips, and pale cheeks. It's totally Marilyn.
I actually really like the classic packaging with photos of Marilyn Monroe that aren't typical. I think it's fun and classic.
Sure as far as the products go, there are some hits and misses, as with all collections. I talk about that more in my video about this collection at the bottom of the post. Don't miss it!

Oh, and MAC Nail Lacquer, we can be friends again. ;)


Available at all MAC locations October 4, 2012

*Keep in mind this isn't the entire collection, just the items I have. For a list of all items from the collection, see bottom of post.

Lipsticks, $16.
(l-r) Deeply Adored, Charmed, I'm Sure, Scarlett Ibis, Love Goddess
swatched same below


Dazzleglass, $21.50
top- Phiff!, bottom- Little Rock
  


Large Eye Shadow, $21.50 

(clockwise from top left) Showgirl, Preferred Blonde, Silver Screen
swatched same below


Beauty Powder, $28
Forever Marilyn


Powder Blush, $22
Legendary


Nail Lacquer, $17.50
*These swatches were done with ONE coat. I wanted you guys to see exactly how they applied. I'm impressed. With two coats, they're so perfect.
(clockwise from top left index finger) Kid Orange, Vintage Vamp, Stage Red, Flaming Rose, "Rich, Rich, Rich"

I mean, this is kind of a cute look, no? ;)

The entire collection contains:
4 Large Eye Shadows
Brow Finisher, Clear
False Lashes Extreme Black Mascara
2 Eye Kohls
Penultimate Eye Liner
Penultimate Brow Marker
5 Lipsticks
2 Dazzleglasses
3 Lip Pencils
1 Beauty Powder
2 Powder Blushes
5 Nail Lacquers
#33 Lash

Check out my video below for more info on my favs from the collection. 

What are you guys most interested in from this collection? What are YOUR must-haves??


Products shown were provided by MAC Cosmetics with no agreements or obligations to feature on my blog or in videos.

0 comments:

Post a Comment