Skye Candles Review

When I am feeling down or like I need a pamper, lighting a few candles in my bedroom is the first thing I do.  They instantly make me feel calm, add a romantic feel to the air and if they are scented and fill the air with a gorgeous scent then they’re even better! 

I’ve recently discovered the Skye Candle Company and after burning them for a while, I think it’s time to tell you what I think!

CANDLES
SKYE

My favourite scents in general are woody, sensual, sweet fragrances, like vanilla, sandalwood, cinnamon, caramel, toffee, nutmeg etc so I chose three scents from the Skye Candle Company, Vanilla & Fig which has a sweet but subtle fragrance, Cinnamon (my personal favourite) which smells like Big Red chewing gum and finally Ginger & Nutmeg which is very autumnal warm, homely scent. 

One thing I love about these candles is that they do not burn black smoke (which I have experienced with some previous candles, they must be terrible for your lungs!) and they burn evenly and have so far lasted a very long time.  The scents do not smell as strong as when burning home fragrance oils in my Body Shop Oil Burner, but this can sometimes be a good thing because the fragrance isn’t too overpowering.

The Skye Candle Company is a family run business (which I love the idea of) and is based in Scotland, all handmade and of top quality.  You can purchase the candles in different sizes – small tumblers like the Vanilla (£9.99), Travel Containers like the Cinnamon (£7.99), Large Tumblers (£14.99) or Three Wick candles which let of a stronger scent (£19.99).

You can purchase the candles and browse on their website - http://www.skyecandles.co.uk/i

What are your favourite scented candles?  I’d love it if you could recommend me some more!

xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment